Impossible Mirror Reflection Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible Mirror Reflection Problem

Okay, so I have this image where I'm supposed to pull the chandelier in the foreground out by increasing the exposure of the reflection about 2+ stops.

The problem is that the chandelier in the reflection is too sharp, so deciphering between the one in the foreground and the one in the reflection is nearly impossible not only to the eye, but to my masking tools as well. I thought another solution would be to duplicate the left side to the right and clean it up, but that makes the chandelier look strange. Any suggestions?? I could definitely use all the help I can get. I'm using Photoshop CC.

(*There are no additional images available of this shot with a better reflection situation)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GTerribil; 11-13-2013, 07:18 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Re: Impossible Mirror Reflection Problem

Very difficult decipher. Not going to probably help much, but actually far less is being reflected that I first thought. Only at about the 2/3 horizontal level does the reflection begin. Tedious...

Comment

Exactly.. then bottom 1/3 is just a crazy crystal clusterf***. Might have to just try rebuilding the chandelier?

Comment

You could send it to one of those mask/clipping shops that promise the first job free
        I have a few tricky () retouches waiting for me at the office today - however, that one trumps mine!

Comment

Finally... so I went ahead and just defined what I thought the outline should be in my Topaz Remask and spent about 3 hours outlining just about everything to get the mask as detailed as possible then just copied the reflection, applied a clipping mask to a curve and voila! Not perfect, but totally satisfactory. Patience... patience. Hope this helps someone out there.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey... there is so much going on in there, I'm not sure anyone would know the difference. Great job. You had to break down - and just do it.

Comment

Working...
            X