Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes Closed, please help

HI All,

Im using corel paintshop photo pro X3. Im busy doing a photo album for my mom who is overseas from us. The one good photo i have of our holiday trip has my eyes closed. I have been trying to use the clone tool in X3 and transfer open eyes from one photo over to the closed eyes photo but it just isnt working, the open eyes keep coming out wrong. Please could someone help me

Thanks x

Re: Eyes Closed, please help

Cloning is not the solution. Broadly speaking just cut and paste the 'good' eyes on to 'bad' eyes. Set the opacity of the cut out eyes to 50% so that you can register them over the original in the exact position. If you are happy with the position, set the opacity back to 100%. I don't know what tools you have but you need to blend the new cut out edge into the original background as softly and naturally as possible. The less peripheral area used of the new cut out the better but only you can judge where the transition takes place. However good the eye matches are, it can still look freaky in an intangible way so you may need to adjust the colour tones, sharpness and size to get the right look. BTW, flipping eyes often doesn't work because most of us do not have symmetrical faces.

Comment

Why don't you post the photo and we can take a look at it. We could give you more specific advice.

Comment

Originally posted by philbach View Post
        Why don't you post the photo and we can take a look at it. We could give you more specific advice.
        I am agree with you. If you can post the image, the solution can be given on specific problem.

Comment