No announcement yet.

Rip help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rip help


    I'm trying to create a picture where a car fly out through a paper. Where the rips are shown like it's flying out at you. Like when they a football players run out through those paper banner. Where the tears and rips are shown. Thank you.

  • #2
    I'm currently searching the web to see if I can find a tutorial for you. But in the mean time, here is an image I did a few years back (when I just started playing with PhotoShop). The best I can remember here are the basic steps I used:

    1. Created a black gradient layer for the background. This is what will show through the punched paper. You could use any background scene that you want to show through.

    2. Placed poster image on one layer. Placed plane image on another layer.

    3. Created a new layer and drew some torn paper edges by hand (there are several tuts on creating torn paper images on the web now) using my plane image as a guide. Added effects such a drop shadow to add depth to the paper edges.

    4. Warped the poster image using the distort-pinch filter (Adobe PhotoShop). Adjust the slider to the left to give the poster the effect like the plane is punching through it.

    5. Added the engine glow and a drop shadow to the plane image.

    Attached Files
    Last edited by T Paul; 01-13-2003, 03:06 PM.


    • #3
      If I were you, I'd get a large piece of paper/cardboard and just DO it.. punch a hole in it, tear it to get the effect you want. Then either take a good picture of it and scan it and work from this scan, or use it as a guide for creating it all in PS.

      Don't make things more complicated than they are.. you could spend a couple of days trying to create this effect in PS and only get half the result you hoped for. My golden rule for image compostions: If you don't have to fake it, don't... Use the real stuff and it will look real


      Related Topics


      • loornard
        paste into... but how?
        by loornard
        Hi everybody,
        I red and wrote sometimes on this forum (from florence italy) because I can find a lot of very good tutorials much better than intalians now again I have a little question for anyone who can give me a help...I have 2 pics; one is a pic of a paper and...
        05-05-2005, 12:25 PM
      • Tigron
        photographic glossy effet
        by Tigron
        HOw can I get a photography glossy/shinny effect on a picture ?....

        is there an action for it or a tutorial on the subject !~...
        11-22-2005, 10:30 AM
      • fotofreak
        How is this done? Can anyone help me please?
        by fotofreak
        I came across this pic and want to learn how to do this effect, but cannot find anything on how to accomplish this. If anyone here could please help me I would be greatful....
        07-22-2004, 02:06 PM
      • srex
        restoring documents
        by srex
        I have done a lot of photo restoration but this is the first time for documents. I have several pieces of paper with handwriting. A few of them were written on very thin paper and the writing from one side is bleeding through. My thoughts are to lift the handwriting and replace the background paper....
        04-11-2011, 08:09 AM
      • T Paul
        Torn Paper Edges
        by T Paul
        There are so many ways to create this effect. So I thought I start a thread here and let everyone share their favorite! If possible please include a picture example of the results of your technique.

        03-29-2004, 01:16 PM