need a fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a fish

I am trying to draw an outline of a fish, head to the left, and tail created by simply crossing the lines at the other end, and extending short distance. What tool would be the best for this, assuming the need for smooth curving that varies when necessary. I am using Paint Shop Pro, v7. Would I do best to throw up a grid and make it a series of short straight lines? Don't want the shape to look jagged, though. Ideas?
    Might I find this very shape somewhere online, as a bmp, or png file?

Re: need a fish

Like the Christian fish symbol? I'd try Illustrator or whatever vector art app you have available (CorelDraw, etc.).
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

This may be of some help for you:

Comment

I think that PSP has a Pen tool and is able to draw Bezier curves. If this is the case then it may be the best way to get smooth curves. There may even be ways to trace an eixisting image using the pen tool on a seperate layer

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Canna W
          Pen Tool. How to move anchor points.
          by Canna W
          I am struggling to learn the pen tool. I am currently working with a shape layer.

In case it might help, I have created a basic shape using a document 284x284 pixels, with the grid at the default setting. At this stage I have 2 questions....

1) How do I show...
          10-09-2011, 03:47 AM
        • Canna W
          Help with creating curving lines.
          by Canna W
          I quite often want to create lines in my manips that are curving, or even curly...ie non-staight lines.An example would might be the attached pic, where I want to 'draw' 3 curving lines between the lower points of the two hearts. Like a necklace with 3 strands, each hanging one below the other....
          09-10-2008, 03:49 AM
        • Lofty1967
          Pen Tool
          by Lofty1967
          Hi Guys
          Could someone help to advise me on how I can make a 'clean' cut out of this car to put on another image, when I use the pen tool the results are questionable at very best, I cannot see where I am placing the selection due to the lightness of the selection line, help much appreciated....
          01-22-2012, 03:25 AM
        • Morph1
          Photoshop - Polygonal Lasso Trace
          by Morph1
          Just wondering if there is some kind of solution as I am sick and tired of this happening over and over, I mean there has to be a simple solution that I am not aware of....,
          The problem is when I trace an image with a polygonal lasso tool and I do prefer to do this manually oppose to using Magnetic...
          03-21-2010, 11:14 PM
        • Dr.Geezle
          Photoshop Pen Tool
          by Dr.Geezle
          I have been trying to draw an open-ended path in Photoshop 6.0 but the program keeps closing the ends. How can I keep the path open?
          07-04-2010, 01:25 PM
        Working...
        X