No announcement yet.

Where is label meta data in Photoshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is label meta data in Photoshop?

So long story short, i have a system that rely on meta data for the workflow to know the next steps. today we noticed that sometimes we get images from our photographers with labels visible in bridge. everyone knows the labels in bridge and how to change them, well this one seems to come from capture one, but i don't know how to change it.

if you read the exiftool data you'll see its under 'Label:' which total makes sense and in bridge its the same language, as label, but where is label in Photoshop? can i change the label in the meta of an image in PS? if so where is it hidden in the image info?
    Attached Files

Re: Where is label meta data in Photoshop?

This question is so specific that I'm doubtful anyone will have encountered the exact same problem. I suggest asking Adobe and Phase One via feedback forums. Phase One is more likely to test this, and it may be a bug in the way this is stored. Overall exif has its own specification that each of these companies is supposed to adhere to.

Comment

Re: Where is label meta data in Photoshop?

The short answer is no, you can't (in terms of Labels). Check File>Info in Photoshop, you'll see the metadata it can show you and which can be edited. Some can, some can't. Some is proprietary to Bridge, some isn't.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• hellboy80
        How to replace metadata in Photoshop
        by hellboy80
        I want to add copyright to my photos, but also delete all other data (like ISO, f-stop, shutter, camera model). I created a template in Adobe Bridge, but when I apply it (with replace option) it will only add the new data and the original data remains. Is it possible to solve this? Or the only choice...
        03-01-2016, 02:42 PM
      • john_opitz
        Pros and Cons of P.S. 7
        by john_opitz
        The following is from Dan Margulis about Photoshop 7. He is a beta tester for Adobe and author of Professional Photoshop 6.
        Posted with his permission.

Folks,

As Photoshop 7 shipped yesterday (15 April) I will now amplify my earlier
        comments about workflow...
        04-17-2002, 07:13 AM
      • csjwolfe
        Why does Adobe Bridge Open .jpgs in Illustrator?
        by csjwolfe
        We have just started using Photoshop CS2 with Windows XP. We are trying to learn how to use the new file browser Adobe Bridge. We have Photoshop CS2 open, clicked on Adobe Bridge button, double-clicked a .jpg and it opens in Illustrator instead of Photoshop. I tried changing the file association but...
        08-02-2005, 05:06 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        Photoshop Commander
        by Doug Nelson
        From Andrew Hall:

"Photoshop Commander is a Photoshop Script for CS2 and CS3 that creates powerful programming capability in Photoshop using simple dialogs that anyone can work with and understand. Photoshop Commander is released under a Creative Commons license which means it is...
        02-03-2007, 08:05 PM
      • jalean
        Problem with Bridge
        by jalean
        Hello
        I am new to this forum, but let me try anyway. I have this problem:

I had to re-install Photoshop CS5 on my Mac (OS 10.6.6). I also re-installed Bridge. When I now double-click any image in Bridge Photoshop will not open. Instead there is the message: "Some of the alpliction...
        03-19-2011, 06:29 AM
      Working...
      X