Reading bad handwriting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading bad handwriting

Hello! Could anyone help me decipher this? I see Richard and that is about it.
    Attached Files

Re: Reading bad handwriting

Hi

Can you post this in the restoration forum and also at a larger scale? See forum instructions on submitting attachments - at the moment this is too small to see. Also its best to scan in full colour as you will have more information to start with. You need to scan writing like you do a photo - at a high resolution and in full RGB colour. Then you can start looking at the channels to see if the information is clearer in any particular channel. Sometimes dodge and burn tools work help to bring out detail as you can work in the highlights, midtones and shadows. The trick with writing is to not over whiten the background, if the document is old but clarify the information you have there and that can only be done at a high scan resolution. Look forward to see how you get on. There are a few writing restoration examples under the restoration thread that you will find by using the search function on this website which will help as well.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RAnderson
      My First Photo Restoration/Reconstruction
      by RAnderson
      This photo is me in 1984. Until a couple of weeks ago, all I had was very poor resolution scan. Fortunately I have now located the original, but I decided to work on the low res scan because I'm sure that's a scenario I will run into if I want to do this for others.

I am a photographer...
      07-09-2015, 10:10 AM
    • kinetix
      Old slide restoration
      by kinetix
      I'm new to this forum so this is my first post. I have an old family slide that has special meaning to my wife as it shows her as a young girl with her mom at the mom's graduation. It's very underexposed so you can't see the cap and gown and has a heavy color cast that makes me think it was shot on...
      04-23-2011, 01:06 PM
    • boyoboy
      can anything be done here?
      by boyoboy
      My mother in law came across this old pic of herself and hoped there was something i could do with it. there's not a lot of info there, the fading is very extreme. what do you guys think is possible?

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/...beam/MILbw.jpg
      02-08-2012, 12:07 PM
    • ChilliF
      Photo Restoration Help
      by ChilliF
      Hi All

I wonder if someone can please help. I am some photos that were taken by a professional photographer (honestly!!) There is an arc of light running through some of them and I was wondering if there is anyway I can fix them. I have attached the worst one as an example, but there...
      08-12-2010, 11:57 AM
    • swkmom
      Restoration suggestions
      by swkmom
      Hi. I'm new here to the forums and thought someone out there could give me some suggestions on restoration. I scanned some old photos my parents gave me and wanted to learn how to restore them. I've been doing this as a hobby for about a year now, and just found out about this website.

02-19-2007, 09:29 PM
    Working...
    X