No announcement yet.

need crack help ( restoration newbie )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need crack help ( restoration newbie )

is there any tutorial dealing with cloning technique for HEAVILY cracked images ?
    i had no luck with the decraker .atn ( im using ps 5.5 ) as far as installing it. Katrins book doesnt go into the cloning technique that deeply.
    id appreciate all responses .
    thank all of you for your time and suggestions !
    kevin

For that many cracks, I'd try the healing brush or patch tool.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Kevin:

Welcome to RetouchPRO.

Doug's heart is in the right place but he missed the tidbit that you're using PS 5.5, which doesn't include the tools he mentioned. (FYI: I just graduated from 5.5 to PS7.)

Regarding the Decrack action, I've got a 5.5 version of it if that's the problem (unable to load the PS6 version into 5.5).

Send me e-mail (not personal mail) via the following page, and I'll attach 5.5 versions in the reply if you like.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/mem...nfo&userid=425

It would be helpful, too, if you'd add to this thread and "attach" a copy of the image (note: needs to be squished down to 100KB or less... use FILE > SAVE FOR THE WEB feature). That will give folks an idea of what you're up against and enable them to give more targeted advice.

~DannyR~

Comment

here is the picture in question

Comment

hmmmmmm no attachment.....how do i attach my pic to this reply?

Comment

1. Click reply post,
            2. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the "Attach file" option
            3. Click BROWSE and locate your file on your computer
            4. Once you find the file to attach, click on it and select open
            5. Note the file size limitation (~100kb) and valid extentions (gif, jpg, png, txt, zip, bmp, jpeg)
            6. Click Submit Reply

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jcbruck
              Difficult Restoration
              by jcbruck
              Hello to all of you! I've been quietly lurking about for a few months learning as much as I can from all this site has to offer, however, I ran into a big challenge with this picture. First off, I'm utilizing Photoshop 7 for all of my restorations; this particular pic is of my father and three uncles...
              12-09-2002, 10:15 AM
            • pedrobop
              Newbie here need some help!
              by pedrobop
              Hi folks! My name is Pedro and i'm from Brazil. I read about this website today and i'm just starting to see how much things we have about retouch and repair images. It's a pleasure to be here with you.
              Well, since i just got here, i don't expect much answers quickly, but i really need some help...
              03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
            • tapiot
              by tapiot
              I've started a small, in-home, sideline in photo restoration.

I'm 55 and hoping to make enough to supplement my income so I might retire at 62 vice 67.

Is this a feasible idea? I see a large range of fees, from simple touch-ups in the $30 range to rather large amounts...
              05-18-2009, 09:16 AM
            • a0157518
              Newbie Nees Help w/ Badly Water Damaged Photo
              by a0157518
              Hello all - This is my first post to RetouchPRO and, right off the bat, I'm asking for help. I have a restoration/repair job for a customer and it looks nearly impossible. Attached is one of the two photos I need to try to improve/restore. This is the ONLY photo my client has of his father and it...
              03-21-2009, 01:32 PM
            • antauri
              Damaged Photo restoration Help
              by antauri
              Hello guys,
              Good day all. I dont know anything about photo editing much more of restoration. But I am in dire need for a photo restoration of an old photo of my grandfather's. The photo is all we have as visual memory of him and his family. below is the link for the photo, and that is the most...
              10-19-2018, 09:48 AM
            Working...
            X