printing right size picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing right size picture

This might sound stupid but after redoing a photo what would be the right size in the image size (like photoshop) to print a 8x10 and 5x6?
    I'm having a hard time to get it to fit a frame right.
    Example 4.975x5.76 for a 5x6

Thanks for anyone help.

I'm not sure I understand your question/problem. Are you saying that if you set the image size to 5x6 in Photoshop, that it prints out as 4.975x5.76?

Or is the restored photo 4.975x5.76 and you want to print it as a 5x6? (And you also want to print the 4.975x5.76 photo as an 8x10?)

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Jeanie

Comment

Picture frames are like lumber - a 2 x 4 isn't 2 x 4. I usually measure the frame I am going to put the finished product into and resize to 1/2" bigger (which gives 1/4" on all sides to allow for errors).

Comment

Boy you all are fast thank you.

jeaniesa I can't all ways get out what I am trying to say.

Blacknight
        I have a frame measureing on the part where there picture will show is 4.5x6.5 so I should put image size 5x7?

Comment

I like to err on the plus side - I hate white showing when I print something, unless it's nice and even all the way around, which it is very hard to get with a printed output framed (at least it is for ME!). So yeah, 5 x 7 in this instance sounds right. Let us know how it turns out!

Comment

Blacknight
            thank you very much! It worked great.

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Basic frame sizes are 3 x 5 / 4 x 6 / 5 x 7 / 8 x 10 / 11 x 14 etc.

That means that the photo that goes into that frame should be 4 x 6 / 5 x 7 etc what black night meant is that the viewing picture that shows is 1/4 inch smaller all around. If you cut your picture 1/4 in shorter it will not fit the frame.

Now there is another side and to framing and that is when you have an 8 x 10 photo and you want to put it into a 11 x 14 frame you would mat it with an 11 x 14 to 8 x 10 mat and in this case the opening is only about 1/8 in smaller

Printing from Photoshop can be confusing, I stopped useing it along time ago, I use Qimage printing program for two reasons it gives you more printing combinations and its interpolation is the best. It works with printing profiles and if you want a 5 x 7 it prints a 5 x 7 and it shows you exactly where your cropping will be.

Comment

Working...
                X