Color Buildup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Buildup

Using Photoshop 7.01, how do you stop the color from building up when you paint over the same area at less than 100% opacity.
    A lot of times the area I want to apply paint to is larger than what I can see on my screen, if I remove my pen from the tablet and then move the viewable area and continue painting, wherever the paint overlaps, it builds up.

Ken

Ken, there is flow and opacity but no limit setting, ...

you could zoom out, but you want to be zoomed in to see the detail, so ...

paint on a seperate layer at 100% brush opacity, with the opacity of the layer set to what you want the limit to be, then after painting you can fine tune the opacity of the layer or vary the opacity of the layer with gentle painting on a mask (or vary the edges of the painting on the mask). You can also get a feeling that the painting is more "a part" of the image by using some of the layer blending modes like Color Burn or Soft Light, change the opacity of the layer to counteract the brightness change when you change blending modes.

Hope this helps,
    Roger

Comment

And if you ever need varying opacities of color, you can add a layer mask to the layer that Roger described and paint on it with varying shades of gray to simulate varying levels of opacity.

Jeanie

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Pericu
        Color turns gray when Painting in color mode
        by Pericu
        Hi folks,

when I Dodge&Burn and I want to correct the de-/oversaturated areas with painting in desired color on a blank layer set to neutral, it the color turns to be gray in some areas. Can somebody tell me why?

10-24-2012, 05:43 AM
        Non-tut on Painting
        by Guest
        but I will do this........................
        Portrait of Kate Beckinsale. (one of my fantasy girls)
        Made this photo the base image. Put a layer on top and call it painting. Sketch or paint over the image, using the existing colors....
        07-17-2002, 05:59 PM
      • sonix
        blending question
        by sonix
        Hi all,

I have a question regarding blending. I have attached the photo, the question is I try to blend my photo with maybe opacity 50% with normal blend mode.

What i want to do now is if I use shape or selection tool to select the area I want then trying to make the portion...
        04-26-2003, 02:45 AM
      • _andrew
        Colouring B&W photos - need help!
        by _andrew
        I recently started putting colour to a B&W photo but have run into some trouble with skin tones (just the girl) and also putting colour to the grass.

The method I use is applying a new layer, colour what I want, set the layer to colour and then hue/saturation to get it right. Any...
        04-05-2007, 07:03 PM
      • leejayd
        Remove shadow
        by leejayd
        I've been trying to remove the shadow from this photo with little success.

Is it possible? The low contrast is causing the problem I think.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Lee...
        03-19-2011, 01:23 PM
      Working...
      X