Scanning textured prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning textured prints

I have a few prints I would like to scan that have a textured surface. Under magnification they appear to have little diamond-shaped dots all over the surface. When scanned, there is a sort of rosette pattern, visible especially in areas of even tone, like the sky.

With Photoshop I have tried all sorts of techniques: blurring then sharpening, despeckle filter, reduction of resolution after scanning it higher than necessary, scanning slighltly off-angle, etc. Nothing seems to work very well.

Does anyone here have a solution to this problem?

Anthony, a common request - try these links:

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...&threadid=3626

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binar...V_links.html#G

Regards,

Stephen Marsh.

Comment

Thanks for the links. I was very unsure how to describe my problem, but it is clear that "textured" got the idea across. Thanks, again!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• christo
        Scanning inkjet prints
        by christo
        I work for a small real estate newspaper and many times am given a color print from a desktop color printer to scan by realtors. For true halftone images, I have been using the technique of scanning at an angle at high resolution with descreening on, then rotating and resizing. This has worked well...
        12-02-2002, 08:09 AM
      • Flora
        Easy Scanning
        by Flora
        Troubled about scanning a photo for manipulation and printing? ... Read on... [details]
        07-07-2008, 04:54 AM
      • seamie
        Getting rid of scanning artifact
        by seamie
        I'm new to photorestoration, but with this picture I cannot get past the scanning stage. The quality of the original is not bad until I scan it, and this is what I get. The clouding on the table, best seen in the blue channel, is a scanning artifact that I cannot get rid of. Is this moire? If it...
        01-18-2006, 08:58 AM
      • bamthud
        negative scanning and repair
        by bamthud
        Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum....I have been trying to scan in and archive some old concert photographs. Fair warning...these are NOT Good pictures to begin with...I am more than aware of that....However, I would still like to get the "best" version I can out of all the...
        11-14-2011, 11:20 AM
      • Jim Frazer
        Scan Problem, Image on Silk Finish Paper
        by Jim Frazer
        Hi,

I have 3 photos from my inlaws' wedding that I want to scan and include in a DVD slide show. In the process there will be some restoration. I'm seeing horizontal bands in the scanned images that may be due to the silk finish on the paper used to make the prints. They are also 60...
        11-01-2006, 04:15 PM
      Working...
      X