No announcement yet.

Paper Texture Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate you efforts on this Andrew.
    I thought of NeatImage for this but knew that there would be loss in detail in the dress. Your kick at the cat doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. One place the detail was lost that I didn't think there was much of a texture problem was her hair.
    One thing that comes to mind to try and save detail in the dress is to maybe try a way of making the detail stand out more before applying MI. I'll have to see what I can do.

Comment

I tried looking for the detail in the dress, and I could not see it. Even after boosting the folds in the denoised image to the level they were in the noisy image, it was still not enough. If there is detail in there it is being obscured by the noise. Or at least, my eyes can't make it out.

Comment

In these photos there is practically none. In the original it is tough to see but like I said before "what little detail there is". Mostely shadowing that I'll try brushing in.

Comment

latest neat image pro plus 2.6 result
          Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• SWolfe
            Paper Texture Problem
            by SWolfe
            Hi, I'm hoping I can find some tips on how to deal with a paper texture problem.

I have a series of pictures I am restoring and many of them have a deep paper texture pattern that is very ugly. I have tried scanning the photo in a variety of directions at a variety of resolutions, I've...
            09-02-2003, 04:52 PM
          • Neville310
            Remove a texture from an Scanned Image
            by Neville310
            Here's a similar thread to "Fixing a strange texture on this old photo." But the last thread did not fully relate to my restoration and left out key steps in the process.

Attached is a cropped area from the image. The photograph was scanned from a textured print, which appears...
            12-22-2006, 12:58 AM
          • markfh
            Texture removal problems
            by markfh
            Any idea why I can't get FF to remove let alone see this texture? I've worked it before on other (color) photos but for some reason I can't even get the filter to recognise that this b&w photo has texture.

I even tried three different FF filters from two different sources and followed...
            02-17-2008, 03:04 PM
          • Fran
            remove texture
            by Fran
            Hi All,
            Can you tell me how to removed texture from old photos without the lost of detail? I would like to remove the texture, retouch the photo then replace the texture. I use CS5 and Topaz ( middle of the road user on both)
            I have been visiting this site for a long time and have learned...
            07-11-2011, 10:32 AM
          • Aurock
            Remove texture from this photo
            by Aurock
            I've tried the FFT tutorial here on retouch pro, but the end result that I get is just a slightly different shading on the image, the texture seems to all remain in tact. Can anyone get the texture off of this image and tell me perhaps what I am missing?...
            01-11-2007, 01:33 AM
          Working...
          X