Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    See the button at the top of the page labeled "search"

Leave a comment:

• Leerod
    replied
    The thread "Metallic Glow?" was very timely

We can I locate this thread that Rick refers to, is there a search that I can use on this site to find it?

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    You know me, my fondness is for the underdog, the shabbiest originals I can find

Leave a comment:

• Rick
    replied
    Not a problem, just let me know which one you would like, I'd hate to try to decide this on my own. They're both lovely photos.

Rick

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    I'm always wanting Archive submissions

Leave a comment:

• Rick
    replied
    LOL.

I can go ahead and do that, I was hoping to save some bandwidth on the server. But okay.

BTW: The owner was kind enough to allow the picture to be included in the archives here, so I will do that in the near future if you wish.

Rick
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    Rick:

How 'bout attaching a copy here, so posterity can appreciate it even if that link dies?

Good work, btw

Leave a comment:

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    Looks like an excellent restoration to me Rick. I know they will be very satisfied with it.
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• Rick
    replied
    Well, I finally got around to finishing that particular photo:

I do appreciate the tips a great deal, thanks.

You can find the photo at:

http://photos.yahoo.com/rvill.rm

Regards and thanks for the suggestions.

Rick

Leave a comment:

• Rick
    replied
    Hi all...

To those that is interested in the full sized "One sister" feel free to take a peek. I uploaded it in the highest resolution that Yahoo would allow me.
    Be forewarned, it's a doozy.

http://photos.yahoo.com/rvill.rm

Regards, all

Rick

<I'm looking for a few pennies. >

Leave a comment:

• Rick
    replied
    LOL
    Actually, I totally forgotten that cereal box was on there. It's one of me when I actually went to Battle creek on some Kellogg Business. But it's an excellent conversation piece. (I still have 3 more boxes that I keep at home and at the office)

Kath: You're right, the other sister wasn't "Flamboyant" like her sister was and simply wanted a simple photo, which I also fell in love with.

Ed: I will ask her if she wants me to rescan it and submit it as much. I think it's an absolutely marvelous photo and an excellent example of the techniques that they had at the time.

and I did a mental oops, I will go ahead and put in the photo up there later tonight and let you know when it's up there.

Rick

Leave a comment:

• kathleen
    replied
    let me add my voice to the chorus - those are some great photos. the other sister didn't opt for the "make-up" etc, i take it?

and i like the cereal box too. makes me remember i haven't eaten yet. you might have a promising second career selling cereal.

Leave a comment:

• thomasgeorge
    replied
    Bale of hay and a bucket of oats is the usual charge. Tom

Leave a comment:

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    Tom
    Got to admit you sure are a great source of information on the developing processes used. I will definately use you as a consultant in the future. Hope your fees arn't too high.
    DJ

Leave a comment: