No announcement yet.

Halftone removal

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• lovemuscle
    What is your opinion on elements 5 for restoration
    by lovemuscle
    Just wondered if any serious photo restoration people out there use elements 5,is it good enough for serious work.Most people talk about cs2..
    Thanks Gary
    02-07-2007, 01:41 AM
  • ArkNsawer
    Old photographs
    by ArkNsawer
    Can anyone tell me what wold be the best program for restoring my old photos? I'm new to this and very much need some input on it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sharon Lee
    11-21-2005, 09:20 PM
  • chris h
    Adobe Photoshop 5.0
    by chris h
    I recently acquired a copy of the above which came with a digital camera. Is it a variation on Elements or something different? Its marked Limited Edition so perhaps its a stripped down 'taster' version.
    02-21-2003, 06:27 PM
  • xxpaperdollxx
    Hmm.
    by xxpaperdollxx
    I have Photoshop Elements, but I'm not sure what I'm lacking from the full version of Photoshop. A lot of the people on this board use a whole bunch of editing styles (I've seen the word 'curve' used before), and I don't know what to do.

Have I missed a major tutorial? I feel so lost...
    04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
  • RamonaMarie
    New with questions
    by RamonaMarie
    Hi all,
    I'm ecstatic to have found this site. I'm trying to get into Photo Restoration and don't have a clue at what I'm doing. I just finished a quicktime tutorial from vtc.com, but was a bit disappointed in it. I did get the hang of the patch and heal tools from it though. I've got Katrin...
    10-02-2005, 07:29 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halftone removal

in Photoshop Elements 9 how to get rid or soften a scanned halftone newspaper

Comment

Hi mrp800. I have had some real success restoring half toned photos using the Focus Magic plug in, in its standalone version (which I assume means it will work with PSE). I found it quite intuitive but there is an excellent description of how to use it with halftoned images in Ctein's "Digital Restoration From Start to Finish" 1st edition, which is also now available (in part but luckily including this section) at http://photo-repair.com/Chapter_10-E...on_1st-ed).pdf. I hope this helps.

Comment

thanks smudger

Comment

Working...
        X