Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this dark halo & how can I fix it?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this dark halo & how can I fix it?

_DSC3110.jpg

This is a small area crop on a very large file
    Sony A7R3 Raw file
    In the Lens Correction tab I've checked the box to remove chromatic aberrations and to enable profile corrections.
    Is there a simple fix?
    Other than dodging and trying to match the surround which Ive tried unsuccessfully

thanks

Just a guess, but it appears to have been oversharpened (see the white line around the squirrel)
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Yes, it is sharpened in Adobe Camera Raw.
      But now I have turned off the sharpening (to 0) and attached another pic where you can still see the dark halo.

It is a very small part of a larger scene but even wide the dark halo is visible - Ive attached a low res crop that shows a bit more of the scene (I can't fit it all within to the 100kb limit)

I can kinda understand the white line as being an artifact of the dark/light contrast, but the dark feathered halo ?
      Attached Files

Comment

I went back to the raw file and moved the Brightness slider back to zero (it was at -100). Now the image is washed out and incorrectly exposed but the dark halo has gone. I never would have thought that the Brightness slider would do that.
        Now to try and get back to the look without the brightness slider mm...
        Attached Files

Comment

I think you're taking the right approach. Methodically testing each setting is a smart way to go.

I'm still seeing sharpening halo even with sharpness set to zero. Did your camera capture RAW or JPG? It appears some sort of preprocessing was applied.
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

It was shot as a Raw file (I only shoot raw).
            Processed in ACR.
            i added a small amount of the new Texture (setting the slider at 10)
            and some Clarity slider.
            Maybe those are creating the problem you see.

Comment

Working...
            X