Desperately need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately need some help!

I don't know if i'm posting this in the correct forum, forgive me if its not, but i got a slight problem with my PS settings. In the screen shot attached, i have a hard round brush at over 300 pixels, (you can see the outline of the brush) but as you can see, the line it is putting down is very small, this happens when i try to use the quck mask too, it looks like nothing is happening at a small size brush, but when i enlarge the brush, i can see a slight red mask is there but very, very tiny. I may be having a dumb moment, & its something easy to fix, but its bugging me!! Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Paulie, I had this happen to me just the other day. I have no idea how I got to that point, but I shut down PS and restarted it and the problem went away. Have you tried that (as well as rebooting if restarting just PS didn't work?)

If anyone knows why this happens, I'd really appreciate it. It happens to me about once every two months and I've never been able to figure out what triggers it.

Jeanie

P.S. I deleted your duplicate thread/post.

Comment

I tried restarting PS & re-booting. It works sometimes after re-booting only, but not all the time

Comment

I've found that sometimes when goofy things happen, and restarting the computer doesn't help, it usually works if I shut down the computer completely for 10 or 15 seconds. I have no idea why a large brush would act that way though. Strange!

Ed

Comment

Just a thought, open up the brushes pallette and select shape dynamics, make sure size is not set to pen pressure but to off.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• val
            Help With Cursers Problem
            by val
            Hi, All of a sudden my paintbruh and cloning brush cursers and not showing up as they should be, I have a cross instead of the actual brush size which is very frustrating. I have been into preferances and checked that the brush size box is ticked and it is...would anyone know what's happened?.....Thanks...
            01-05-2004, 01:15 PM
          • Doug Nelson
            PS custom taper brush
            by Doug Nelson
            How would you go about making a PS brush that starts at full width every time, but ends in a taper every time?

I'm thinking it would be good for drawing hair, eyelashes, etc.
            06-25-2004, 01:57 PM
          • sergio2263
            Medium Bristle Oils 15 please help
            by sergio2263
            Hello Everyone

Can someone please help me I am using Medium Bristle Oils 15 for painting for some reason it’s behaving badly like a blender instead of a nice silky oil finish I am fairly new to painter 11 and have no idea why this is happening whether I’ve done something by mistake...
            11-12-2010, 04:31 PM
          • Modular_Folds
            after nine computer crashes PS CS6 acting up
            by Modular_Folds
            Hello:
            Since I initially joined the forum a few months back I've had little time to enjoy it because my laptop crashes and crashes- and crashes! Hard too! One format, several restores, a couple "refreshes" and a couple "resets". Spending hours tweaking the desktop and removing...
            03-01-2016, 08:29 PM
          • soleah
            Cursor change from brush size to cross (precise)
            by soleah
            This happens to me every now and then. The painting cursor in PS would suddenly change from brush size to a cross. Result, I couldn't figure out if brush size is too large for the area I'm fixing.

The painting cursor setting in Display&Cursor preferences is still set at "brush...
            11-16-2006, 09:14 AM
          Working...
          X