Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help telling if my monitor is crt or lcd

Hello,
    I am trying to calibrate my monitor with the one-eye device. One of the first questions asked though was if my monitor was a lcd or crt type monitor. I thought almost all monitors were lcd, but then started to rethink it. It seems that maybe most desktop monitors (which is what I am using) are CRT monitors.
    I want to make sure this calibration is 100% correct before I return it.
    Can anyone help me tell what monitor I have?

Does it have a "tube"? That is, is it more than a couple of inches deep? If it does, it's a CRT monitor. LCD monitors also usually have a flexible screen (ie: it will deform a little when you press on it). It should also say so prominently in all support and marketing materials for your model.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

thanks,
      it's like a foot and a half deep. It's HUGE! So I'm going to go with the fact that it's crt. I did check through the packing materials though and I could not find the words crt anywhere in the book.
      Thanks for the help,
      M

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jeff F
        Can Monitor Calibration Devices Flag a Bad Monitor
        by Jeff F
        I'm asking this here because I'm currently reading Richard's book on PSE 4. It occurs to me that no amount of calibration can fix a monitor for which the colors at the edge of the screen do not match the colors in the center. And I'm sure that there are other monitor problems which cannot be eliminated...
        10-08-2006, 11:25 PM
      • skydog
        Monitor
        by skydog
        Anyone have any experience or comments about this monitor?

Dell UltraSharp 2707WFP 27-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor
        07-02-2008, 05:32 AM
      • Craig Walters
        De-gaussing your monitor
        by Craig Walters
        this kind of goes hand in hand with the calibrating your monitor thread. however, it's not quite as critical and doesnt usually need to be done as often. still, it can make a difference.

now, someone brighter than myself can try to explain what de-gaussing means and how the need for this...
        09-06-2005, 12:08 AM
      • Caravaggio
        Guidance on purchasing a monitor
        by Caravaggio
        Hi, It has been a few years since anyone has posted any recommendations on monitors for retouching. I was wondering what people's current recommendations are?

I'm currently using an iMac, 5k, retina 27", late 2015, calibrated with colormunki, as my main monitor. I know Apple monitors...
        10-21-2017, 05:10 PM
      • santoro80
        LED vs LCD monitor
        by santoro80
        What are the differences? What is more suitable for retouching?
        11-27-2010, 12:16 PM
      Working...
      X