Image downloading problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image downloading problems

don't know if anyone can help me here. As far as i know i have'nt changed any settings on my browser, but when i try to download an image file from the web, the only option i got is to save it as a bmp file! The "save As" dialogue box always says "Untitled" by default, & bmp is the only option in the "Save As File Type" dialogue box. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Go to Internet options in your IE window and click on delete files. This will clean out your Internet temporary files and should fix the problem.

Catia

Comment

Catia is right...

If your browser's temporary Internet files and history are very full, then the browser will only save your images as bmp files. To correct the problem in Internet Explorer 6.0:

Select "Internet Options" from the Tools pull-down menu.

Under "Temporary Internet Files," click Delete Cookies....

Under "Temporary Internet Files," click Delete Files....

Under "History," click Clear History.

Click OK.

Comment

I had this problem recently - I am on AOL, and apparently AOL "compress" images before viewing. This can be turned off under AOL preferences. (Thanks to Doug for pointing this out to me).

Ian.

Comment

Thanks guys! That certainly did the trick. I think my whole hard drive needs a good clear up, not just my internet temp folder. Thanks again, i appreciate your help :-)

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ArtistColumbus
            Help! -- Can't download challenge images
            by ArtistColumbus
            Maybe one of you has had this same problem and can help me out.

I have Mac OS X and use AOL. (Hate AOL, but when you live in the middle of nowhere, you take what you can get.) When I try to download the files from the challenges, I click and hold the mouse until the pop-up menu gives...
            02-15-2003, 04:24 PM
          • nspwis
            Image Type: "File" instead of "TIF"
            by nspwis
            I'm working with CS2. I always save files as TIFs -- occasionally, when I try to re-open a particular one, Photoshop says it can't open it because it is the wrong kind of file and when I check the file, it says "Image type: file", rather than "Image type: TIF"
            I can correct...
            05-14-2007, 05:49 AM
          • winwintoo
            What files do you archive?
            by winwintoo
            Having completed my first full month of daily working with PhotoShop, I decided to back up my files and clear space on my hard drive. Needless to say, the files in question take up about 5 GB of space.

I'm in the habit of saving frequently and to preserve the state at each save, I use...
            04-04-2002, 09:40 AM
          • photophil
            JPG or JPEG that is the question ;-)
            by photophil
            Recently I have downloaded images off this site that had the jpeg extension assigned to them. Fine under win98 but when running photoshop 6.01 those files become invisible even though they show in the folder they won't show in the photoshop open file window??? Is there a setting or something that I...
            05-24-2002, 09:30 AM
          • asilversamurai
            How do I unlock a .jpg file in Windows?
            by asilversamurai
            Hi People wondered if you could help,
            I am using Windows 98 and I normally work on a picture then save it, but this time I have sorted some pictures to work on in Photoshop 7 (new toy) and I have copied a few jpgs from a CD I originally cut to my Hard Drive that have never been worked on, all...
            05-12-2002, 08:45 AM
          Working...
          X