Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making collages

Happy New Year ,
    I have searched and searched for a thread about making collages that I read a year or so ago. I recall discussion about positioning the photos around the edges for best results. Sadly I cannot find it.l
    I am trying to make an interesting collage and have read some tutorials so know how to blend and fade but when it comes to sizes , .........
    I create a new large canvas and drag photos onto it - All 2x3 size. But they appear larger than that on canvas. How do I make them smaller?????
    Thanks for any advice.
    Joyce

If your 2x3 images look too big, I'm guessing the page you are dropping them into is not set at a optimum dpi (300).
    Are you going to print these? If so, make a new document, set it to 8x10 and change the dpi to 300. You're images should fit fine.
    If you want to resize them after that, (and I'm assuming you have Photoshop) select the image, go to Edit>Transform>Scale.

Comment

Thanks Vikki, Keeping the res the same on the new master and the photos to use in the collage has solved the size problem.
      I'm on my way to making collages !!

Comment

Here are some tutorials I found on the web:

Creating a Montage

Snapshot Montage

Collages-PSP

Fading Images into One

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jeffla
          Scaling Photos in Photoshop 6.0
          by jeffla
          I take lots of photographs and often pick the better ones to scan (from a 4x6), scale and print in 8x10. I think I figures out the proper resolutions to use for scanning (1/3 of the print resolution). I am confused about the best way to upscale a photo in Photoshop. There are two paths that I've seen:...
          01-15-2002, 07:55 PM
        • bcarll
          Size of Painting
          by bcarll
          The one thing I have learned from this forum and other teaching site s that the larger the finished painting the more it looks like a real painting. I primarily do smudge type technique and have that to be true even more. My question is --- is there a way to work on a smaller canvas and achieve the...
          09-08-2007, 07:26 AM
        • sponge03
          Pixelation of photos after being Painted
          by sponge03
          I've got some photos that have been painted using various plugins and filters.
          I'm wanting to get some of them printed as large as possible, maybe onto canvas?

When they have been painted are they still likely to show pixelation if printed too large?

Can they be...
          05-26-2009, 02:14 AM
        • Forgiven4ever
          Need help making a collage.
          by Forgiven4ever
          I have just discovered my 3.2 magapixy camera can produce good poster size prints at London Drugs. I wanted to try to do a 24x36" collage of 60 or so prints. I made a 18x24" collage using 8 shots with no problems. I should say I am using Photodelux home edition to do this. I would open...
          10-09-2004, 09:22 AM
        • Prisma
          Collage Making related Questions
          by Prisma
          Hi,
          I've been doing some serious Googling, but I can't seem to come up with the right key words, so maybe someone here can tell me.

I'm trying to make a collage. Optimally the kind where you take a bunch of photos, line them up into a grid, and they make up another image. I know I've...
          08-10-2010, 09:06 AM
        Working...
        X