Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stroking selection

Hey!

Has anyone encountered a problem when stroking a selectionand suddenly other elements appear along with stroked slection bars, dots etc.?

Thanks
    Attached Files

I haven't did yet. By the way, what about save the selection to a channel and remove the unwanted part, then load that channel as selection?

Comment

The only time I've had something similar to this happen, was when I was working on a layer and had removed sections of it with the magic wand. I thought I had remove everything, but some traces were left behind so when I applied the stroke command it caught those traces as well. Now if you applied stroke to a completely new layer then I might be worried why it did what it did.

You can also select that layer to see what's really on it to make sure that there aren't any stray elements by Ctrl clicking the layer to activate the marching ants.

Comment

Originally posted by Balky
        Hey!

Has anyone encountered a problem when stroking a selectionand suddenly other elements appear along with stroked slection bars, dots etc.?

Thanks
        I've actually seen that once or twice when my poor computer was running out of memory.

Photoshop kept leaving little bits behind when I was moving things around or painting.

Saved, rebooted, all seemed to go away.

- Noel

Comment

I did indeed use selection on a totally new layer and used STROKE command. As far as memory, I have 1.5 gig of it so it is not on my worry list.

It doesn't happen on a regular bases but sometimes which makes me wonder since I can't find an explanation to that phenomena.

Comment

Is it actually in the file, or a video phenomenon? I've had some video artifacts remain that weren't actually there. Does it turn off and on with the layer? Does it save with the file?
            Learn by teaching
            Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Yes, Doug. It can be whiped off with earaser and turned off with a layer.

Comment

Working...
              X