Leopard Print/Mottled ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leopard Print/Mottled ??

The attached image is a friend's wife's house. She grew up in this house and this is one of the only 2 photos she has. I've left the crop to include the "white" border so you can see better the brown mottled effect that covers the entire picture.

Any ideas on how to reduce or minimize this ?.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Attached Files

Hi Mark,

as a start, I'd begin with an adjustment layer, setting the white point to the border, which removes some of the brown color.

A more serious attempt is to replace the blue channel, because 90% of the damage is done here.

As a result you'll come out at something like my attachment... its a very quick job, but shows the direction (at least I hope so). Next step would be to heal the remaining color spots with cloning.

hope this helps
    Marc
    Attached Files

Comment

Levels adjustment on each individual channel.

And yes, the vast majority of the damage is to the blue channel.
      Attached Files
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

thanks...

thanks for your input, very much appreciated.

Mark,

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

Man_Mule color bleeding Polaroid
          by Guest
          Polaroid photo has been invaded by a squash yellow over the entire photo. Limited experience with photoshop cs 8, have tried suggestions in the Katrin Eismann, Thrid Edition Book, not much success. Seeking any and all suggestions....
          09-11-2006, 06:06 AM
        • Icarus3000
          Looking for some advice
          Icarus3000
          by Icarus3000
          I've enjoyed reading all the posts and watching the talented members of this board work their magic for a few months now. I've done some small projects on photoshop, but no real "restorations" until now...

I found a few old photos of my grandmother and I wanted to know if I'm...
          04-27-2005, 10:23 PM
        • mm70190
          Cleanup of old color photo
          mm70190
          by mm70190
          I've run into this problem with many color photos dating back to the 60s/70s where there is a yellowing that shows up most in the blue channel. It would seem there would be an "easy" way to isolate this yellowing (mold?) and remove it, but I haven't found anything but cloning solutions which...
          11-20-2004, 04:37 PM
        • Foxkatt
          Removing Yellow Blotches in Restoration
          Foxkatt
          by Foxkatt
          Hi all,
          This is my first post.
          I certainly hope that you kind experts out there can help. I've gone through my entire library of Photoshop books and nothing I've tried has had more than limited success. I am restoring some photos to use in an iMovie presentation. Since there...
          01-22-2006, 08:20 PM
        • jonsien
          Hello and please help..
          jonsien
          by jonsien
          Hi,
          I've been lurking a while and trying to learn more about retouching. I must say that there are a lot of experienced folks here!
          Anyway I was faced with a challenge recently. I got an image that had a lot of noise in it. Now I don't know PS well enough to know if this can be done...
          08-30-2002, 11:54 AM
        Working...
        X