60 yr old damaged photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 yr old damaged photo

I fairly new to restoring photos and everything I have tried to improve this picture seems to destroy the details in the face or make it look fake. Any tips on how to help this pic would be appreciated. I have used levels and tried curves to enhance the detail with a bit of success but is there any method of cleaning up whats there with out smoothing it out to much?
    I have included a piece of the picture where the damage is the worst.

thanks coilte
    Attached Files

I'm new at this too and tried my hand at this one. I'd like to compare what I did with what other experienced restorers will do to it. This took about 20 minutes.
    Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• robtd1ntx
      Old picture of Mom
      by robtd1ntx
      This is a picture of my grandmother holding my mom taken in 1927. I started with an almost black photo with very little detail. I'd like to improve it more if possible. I'm using GIMP and am new to restoration. Any help (in baby steps please) would be greatly appreciated....
      08-02-2009, 09:53 PM
    • Kathy Bradbury
      Old, badly damaged photo
      by Kathy Bradbury
      Been an avid viewer of this site for sometime and have tried many of the tutorials and hints but have never posted before, (which for a newbie is quite nerve racking). Hoping some-one may be able give me some advice on repairing/cleaning up the attached. My sister recently found this photograph of herself...
      11-12-2006, 06:01 PM
    • brookmt
      Help restoring old picture with many blemishes
      by brookmt
      I am a newbie to restoring photographs and have an old one with many blemishes.

I thought the damage on the right side could be fixed by copying and mirroring an equal section of the left side and then blending what was left over to fix. And I thought I could copy and mirror the baby's...
      06-04-2010, 02:15 PM
    • OhThatGirl2001
      Out Out Damn Spots!
      by OhThatGirl2001
      Hi All!

I'm wondering if you could help me. I have an old picture of my great grandparents that I've been working on. Hours of cloning, editing of missing parts... etc. How would you fix a missing part of a body ie: arm in this case or eye. I'm fairly new at this, so be gentle with me....
      01-22-2002, 04:16 PM
    • termatt56
      Help with repairing old Photo
      by termatt56
      I'm having trouble removing the discolouration in this old photo. It's of one of my grandparents and I'm restoring it for my aunt. Any help or suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=477426
      (wait 5 seconds after the page...
      12-11-2008, 11:19 PM
    Working...
    X