low contrast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low contrast

This photo is just the opposite to the high contrast photo in that the contrast is very low. There is no real white or black to use in levels. It was also taken through the window of an airplane and is not very good. I would like to learn, however, how to handle these low cntrast images. Thanks for any help you can give me. Tom
    Attached Files

I do not have much time, but I used the curves feature, it seemed to clean it right up.

Mike

Comment

Image -> Adjustments -> Auto Color seemed to do a reasonable job on this one.

If you have pre-Photoshop 7, this is equivalent to adjusting the Levels independently for each channel.

If you want higher contrast still then add a Levels adjustment layer, over-adjust on that layer and then reduce the opacity until you get the effect you want.
      Attached Files

Comment

Added a Levels Adjustment layer and moved the left and right sliders to the start of the slope of the histogram. This really made a drastic improvement in the faded image, but now a color cast was apparent. I then added a curves adjustment layer and tweaked the individual colors to remove the color cast. You could also try AUTO COLOR. I then shrunk the image to 600 pixels wide to reduce some of the pixilation.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X