color matching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color matching

I am having a problem with color matching and a very picky client.
    he had 138 badges shot. 130 were shot in one sitting so are all the same they did 8 2 weeks later and they are slightly different. I have tried color matching in photoshop cs.. but i cant get it .. This is driving me nuts please help. I have a link with 3 examples the ones with the redish square are the new ones.. <<<<linkage>>>>

Pick a color on the original that you want the new ones to match to. Use the info palette to see the RGB values, and write them down. Put a color sampler (under the eyedropper tool) on a spot you want to match on the new image. Open a Curves adjustment layer and Ctrl+Alt (or Cmd+Opt for Mac) click on the color sampler to add a point on the curve for that spot. Use the dropdown menu on the Curves dialog to select the red channel and use the up/down arrows (NOT the left/right arrows) to make the sampler value match the red value from the original. Repeat for the green and blue channels.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

is it best to select from a lighter part of the metal or a darker part.. and should you be choosing say the back ground part on each with the sampler?

Comment

If you select a badge and put it on a seperate layer (or even if it's a seperate file), you can add a "Style" with a specific color overlay. You can then copy that style to all the other badges and the color will match.

Comment

Working...
        X