How to make a frame like this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a frame like this one

Could someone please be so kind to help me out how to make a frame like the attached file and tell me how to make this with Photoshop or you could be so kind to make a action of it .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mikek; 02-16-2004, 05:06 PM.

Ctrl + A
    Select>Modify>Contract
    Edit>Stroke>....

I won't get into making it an action for you, but F1 would work wonders

Comment

Or just use your rectangular marque tool, then edit, stroke.

Cheers
      Duv

Comment

While using the rectangular marquee to draw a selection would work, it can be pretty imprecise unless you drag guides and set the snap to guides settings beforehand.

Since I'm an action hack, I mucked around a bit and figured out a couple different ways to do this. Each provides options for stroke width. The stroke color can be adjusted after the action completes.

It's odd, but if you the the CTRL+A, Select > Modify > Contract isn't available. I didn't know that. The Border command is available and I was able to make use of that.

~~~~~~~~
        Update:

Original action set replaced. New actions added:
        * One that places the border 1% away from each edge
        * One that will expand the canvas 10% at the bottom and allow one to enter custom text.

~~~~~~~~

~Danny~
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DannyRaphael; 02-23-2004, 05:55 PM.

Comment

All the hours of search on the internet and you all helped me within a few minutes. All that i find on the internet are the wooden frames .

Thanks you all, i'm very gracefull and a special thanks goes to Danny for making an action of it .

Only just one thing, the action is great, but i'm still missing the border and signature .

Hope to here more from you all and help me out.

Ohh, and one more thing, Danny could you please change the action that the stroke is not 2% but 1%.
          Last edited by mikek; 02-17-2004, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Once you've got the stroked border, activate the Background layer, make sure your background colour is set to White, and do Image -> Canvas Size with appropriate settings.

If you want to add text then use the Text tool...

Comment

Originally posted by mikek
              All the hours of search on the internet and you all helped me within a few minutes. All that i find on the internet are the wooden frames .

Thanks you all, i'm very gracefull and a special thanks goes to Danny for making an action of it .

Only just one thing, the action is great, but i'm still missing the border and signature .

Hope to here more from you all and help me out.

Ohh, and one more thing, Danny could you please change the action that the stroke is not 2% but 1%.
              We aim to please...

Action set updated (see my post above). New:
              * 1% action added
              * An action that extends the canvas so custom text can be added.

Important: The 2nd action may fail if played under PS6; it will work for sure under PS7 and above. I might be able to make it PS6 compatible if necessary.

~Danny~

Comment

Working...
              X