Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highlights too light? what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlights too light? what do you think?

Hi,
    I'm new to the sight and am looking for some feedback. I've been looking at this for too long and am starting to wonder if the highlights are too light (underexposed?). Can anyone give me any suggestions on fixing this problem or any other they might see?
    Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tatwans; 02-27-2004, 03:27 PM.

If this is the effect you were going for then, the highlights are not too light. They certainly draw your eyes in to his face. My own opinion, and I'm no professional photographer by any means, is to keep him just the way he is. Beautiful picture and adorable little fellow.
    DJ

Comment

That's a sweet photo.
      I do think the hightlights are too blown out though. There are a few other issues, but that could be because of the compression. His nose, for instance has a bright red shadow.
      If you're looking to get rid of the highlight, I don't know if there's much more you could do that to rebuild that section. I've done up a quick example, but I'm not really happy with it.
      What were your intentions for this photo?
      Attached Files

Comment

For artistic effect, you're the only possible judge for what you want to accomplish. For realism, it's distractingly light.
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Working...
        X