Downloaded a PS action but ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloaded a PS action but ???

It is called "Gothic View" and it ended up in "My Documents". Unzipped it and it opened PH7 but I can't find it to use it in PhotoShop7. Thanks for any help!!

Assuming you are running PS under Windows...

* Open the image to which you want to apply the action. If this is your only copy, I'd duplicate it and close the original. That way if the action completely hoses the image, you still have the original.
    * F9 (or Window > Actions) to show the Actions Palette if it is not already visible.
    * From the Actions Palette menu (black arrow/top-right), choose Load Actions...
    * Navigate to whereever you unzipped the .atn file.
    * In the Load Actions window select (click on) the .atn file and click OK. This copies the file into Photoshop.
    * The gray bar is an Action Set (folder that contains individual actions). Click the arrow to its left to expand it.
    * Inside the action set are the actions (white bars, text indented slightly).
    * Click on (highlight) the action (white bar).
    * Click the triangle at the bottom of the actions palette to "play" the action. PS will start executing the recorded commands.

Hope this gets you moving...

~Danny~

Comment

Just wanted to Thank you Danny .... problem solved, plus I am learning a lot more about actions. Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Britsdad
        Downlaoding "actions"
        by Britsdad
        Sorry to be a bit thick, but this is the first time I've tried this....I've downloaded an action for PS, now all I need to do is find out where to put it to activeate it, any help please......John
        06-18-2006, 05:19 AM
      • mahjohn
        Action menu ?
        by mahjohn
        uhh....can someone tell me how to get the actions back onto my action menu ? I've used a few before, now they're gone.

mark
        11-10-2004, 05:45 PM
      • Scribe
        Combining Photoshop Actions Into a Set
        by Scribe
        Can someone please tell me if it is possible to take a group of individual actions, that have already been installed, and collect them into their own, new action set?

I have tried creating a new set and then dragging the targeted actions individually into the new set, but they don't go...
        10-22-2005, 08:39 PM
      • 1STLITE
        Help with Actions...
        by 1STLITE
        I am SO frustrated. But for some reason, I am not able to run certain actions. Only the ones I have used before. I have just downloaded a few action sets from the list of actions to create frames here at RTP, and I know I put them in the right folder, but now they are not on my list. And even some...
        08-01-2005, 04:13 PM
      • Cinthia
        Actions???
        by Cinthia
        I'v been cruising through the forums and see a lot of folks using actions, with fantastic results!
        Now, how do I incorporate these "Actions" into PS? Keep in mind that once I download it, I'll have to go find the bugger in the great mysterious labyrinth that is my computer. I tend...
        10-07-2005, 01:13 AM
      Working...
      X