Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is this done? Can anyone help me please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is this done? Can anyone help me please?

I came across this pic and want to learn how to do this effect, but cannot find anything on how to accomplish this. If anyone here could please help me I would be greatful.
    Attached Files

Is it the effect, or is it me?

I see a few people have looked, but noone has offered any advice. Is it the effect, or is it me? Just curious........

Comment

You're obviously not the patient kind, are you?

Since no one has given any hint yet, I'll be glad to do so:

Create a layer mask, use an artistic brush to create the border of the torn paper. Mask the part where it's supposed to be torn away. Drag the underlying image in a new layer underneath the picture. Now CTRL click the layer mask from above, select/modify/border and make a border of approx. 10 pixels. Fill the selection with white. Now the only thing left to do is to paint the part where it's supposed to show white (the backside of the image flipped to the front).

There you go
      Attached Files

Comment

I think the way I would do it would be to tear a plain piece of paper and photograph that, then use that as another layer in the image, suitably masked.

P.S. When you post a "how do I do this" request, and people look at it, many of them then go away to play with Photoshop and see if they can work out how to do it. Many of them also have to work/raise their families/sleep in this period too (depending on lifestyle and timezone), so you can't really expect a detailed how-to breakdown in less than four hours.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ddolddolee82
          how to achieve clean post edges effect
          by ddolddolee82
          I am trying to find out how to make the image below in photoshop.
          I can't get clean effect just by using cut out or poster edges filter.
          If anyone knows any techniques about making the image, please show me how.
          Thank you. ...
          02-21-2006, 09:43 AM
        • mhkitty8880
          Help Turning Clouds into Objects...
          by mhkitty8880
          Hi Everybody! I'm writing a kids' book about a girl who sees objects in the clouds, in a nutshell. I want to illustrate it myself. Does anyone on here know any wonderful ideas on how to make clouds look like objects?? Like, a flower made out of clouds, basically. Last night I tried to come up with...
          08-31-2006, 10:10 AM
        • Regez
          Watercolor Borders
          by Regez
          How do you create that border effect, similar to the attached Ed Gilmore image? I have purchased tutorials and tried online examples and I just can't seem to duplicate it.

Any suggestions on technique and brushes? I have photoshop 7.

Thanks....
          07-30-2006, 10:56 AM
        • Tabby M.
          need help w/ color loss? shift? bad photographer? Ha!
          by Tabby M.
          Hi everyone, I'm new here and also to retouching. My friend wanted me to 'fix' her photo from 1980. She's Cuban and her husband is Peruvian but somehow when I use either Photoshop LE 5.0 or Gimp's Levels 'black and white' eye droppers, I end up with two people who have blue or purple lips, and their...
          08-06-2005, 01:34 AM
        • eighteyes
          Looking help how to get this image
          by eighteyes
          Dear friends,

Could u help me how to get this image? I wonder how to get this effect (classic circle effect & noise) ?...
          04-06-2008, 09:32 AM
        Working...
        X