Lines and Backlighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lines and Backlighting

On the attached logo, there are supposed to be 2, 2px-wide parallel lines running from the letter "P" in Productions one to either side of PacMan's mouth (actually, it's supposed to represent a laser disk) How does one draw STRAIGHT lines in PS7?

The other two photos are supposed to be combined with the subject on the left edge of the blurred background. How can I get an amber "backlighting" effect to soften Jeff's outline? Any help would be great. Ten-thousand thank you's to one and all.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by CascoGraFX
    How does one draw STRAIGHT lines in PS7?
    Hold your SHIFT key while drawing line (with pencil)

Comment

Thank you. Sometimes I don't know where my mind has wandered to!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Lucile Davis
        How to extend lines in PS?
        by Lucile Davis
        Is there a way in PhotoShop to start with a line segment, and automatically extend the line along the same direction/angle as the segment without defining an end point?

I have a photo of a house with siding. The lines of the siding show in the shade but not in the sunlight. I want (on...
        11-10-2006, 04:58 PM
      • Tobbe
        Smoother Lines
        by Tobbe
        Is it possible to get better edge smoothing when using "Line Tool"?
        I only get 8 smoothing pixels per pixelstep. I know using path and stroke is good but i find linetool a bit easier to use for straight lines.
        09-17-2006, 11:41 PM
      • Lucile Davis
        Drawing dotted or dashed lines in PS?
        by Lucile Davis
        Is there a way to draw a dotted or dashed line in PhotoShop?
        11-22-2006, 01:34 PM
      • Stephen A
        Illustrator - Simplify
        by Stephen A
        Hey guys & gals,

I have a vector path which is one giant spline in Illustrator - all curves. It needs to be either arcs or straight lines to generate a gcode path for the laser cutter here @ work.

I figured the easiest way to do this was with the simplify tool in Illustrator...
        02-15-2008, 09:56 AM
      • Yorky
        Rubber Banding in PSE2?
        by Yorky
        One function which I find useful for drawing perspective lines on reference photos in Paintshop Pro is the ability to anchor the start of a line then "rubber band" a line, moving the end of the line before releasing the mouse to fix it.

I haven't been able to find this function...
        03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
      Working...
      X