No announcement yet.

Size and quality for Attached Images!!

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• jeaniesa
    Resizing images for RetouchPRO
    by jeaniesa
    Many people seem to have questions on how to resize images under the 100KB(*) limit needed to upload images to RetouchPRO. I wrote this a few days ago and since more questions are popping up, I thought I’d post it for everyone.

(*)Actually, the 100KB limit applies to the forums only....
    11-19-2002, 10:11 PM
  • raemo
    my try
    by raemo
    Hi I have been trying my hand at restoring and this is my attempt at this photo any suggestions on how to improve it would be greatfuly excepted I only have at this stage photoshop cs I know very old version hope to up grade soon I have sent orig as you can by the size I didn't have a lot to work with...
    05-31-2010, 04:34 PM
  • ♥Charlotte♥
    Incorrect image kb size - how do i correct this?!
    by ♥Charlotte♥
    Hi All,

Long-story short.
    - On Friday I took a photo on my phone before accidentally deleting it about an hour later.
    - Used ZAR Software and recovered it in the same day. Saved to laptop, however could not view. Thumbnail is a simple icon, and when clicked says 'no preview...
    07-23-2012, 06:34 AM
  • phili1
    Downloading pictures
    by phili1
    I am haveing alot of trouble downloading pictures.

Example I downloaded a challange Guitar charlie which had a pixel width of 547 and height of 711 from this sight.

I redid it and tried to send back the same size and it told me its to large.

So I reduce...
    12-16-2002, 07:34 AM
  • probchld1953
    Help Please
    by probchld1953
    Just a dummy I guess, but can someone tell me how to use Image Resize in PSE7 so that my photos will upload here? My images on my computer are large and I have tried to resize them to what seems small to me in PSE7 but they still exceed the 100 kb limit. And, not to be rude, but why doesn't this site...
    01-21-2010, 09:56 AM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Size and quality for Attached Images!!

I gave up trying to post things here, but it's still a wonderful resource for photoshop tricks and I appreciate that.

Comment

All checked out on file size but I really would like to know how to attach the file to my posts.

Comment

After you've typed your post, click "Manage Attachments" under Additional Options.
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thankies for the info Doug.

Comment

As stated before: Linking to an image does not show the image, just the link that then opens in another window. Is there a setting that would make this work?

Comment

hope this is big enough sandykl
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chilihook View Post
                As stated before: Linking to an image does not show the image, just the link that then opens in another window. Is there a setting that would make this work?
                Yes, see the rules.
                Attached Files

Comment

How do I get a gallery started and where do I go to upload items. I also have many great challenge photos to share, where do I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by sherim View Post
                    How do I get a gallery started and where do I go to upload items. I also have many great challenge photos to share, where do I do that?
                    sherim, welcome to RetouchPRO

Gallery: at the top of the page... 'Site Nav'>'Gallery'... upper right a button 'Upload Photos' (follow the directions after the page loads)

Challenges: If you have an image you'd like to suggest for a Challenge, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

Comment

if you have photoshop CS4 and are working on a large PSD file.
                      Duplicate the file>Flatten>Image Size> in the bottom menu select Bicubic Sharpener - Then in the top boxes find the longest length. change that length to 1500. (you need to try different numbers depending on the image size.) click ok.
                      Save AS Jpeg 12.

NOW open Save for Web > look at the file size. to large > try changing the Quality to 75 1st. recheck file size. to large > NOW go to the longest length and adjust for file size.

what your hoping to get is a largest HQ image at 100kb.
                      if you can't keep the Quality above 75 go back to making the Flatten image to a smaller number. then repeat the Save for Web setting.
                      you might even find your images are to large for posting. but they look good on large monitors!

now for sharpening
                      do not sharpen before you downsize. downsize and Sharpen BEFORE Saving.

this method gets rid of artifacts in most cameras.
                      in CS5 there is a new feature called Smart Sharpen. look inside the pull down widow for the words Lens Blur. select that. check the more accurate box.

copy that layer>zoom into image 100% to an area where there are thin black lines. ex. eyelashes. >change mode to Darken Color-Opacity to 85%>Smart Sharpen 99% - then adjust Radius slider until you see a little artifacts starting-stop>
                      copy THAT layer>change the mode to Lighten Color-Opacity to 40%.

now adjust Opacity Slider in both Layers until you like what you see.

IF your image is soft when uploaded to the web. some web sites are are causing this to happen. Resharpen your image more until your image on the web looks as sharp as you can get it without artifacts.
                      Last edited by ME_wwwing; 01-04-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Really helpful conversation here.

Comment

Working...
                        X