Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elliptical Marquee Tool - Accuracy

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to use the Elliptical Marquee Tool to select an existing oval background. However, I am having problems trying to get it to line up correctly/evenly with the oval background. Is there a key press that would allow me to adjust the position and/or size once it's has been drawn.

Thanks Again!
    Jon

Adjusting selections

Well after you make your selections, if the Marquis tool is still selected you can click and drag your selection around. In photoshop CS there is a selection/Transfrom Selection that allows you to transform the selection. In the Selection menu there are a bunch of other tools to modify the selection. You can transform the selection using quickmask and a brush. There are many ways you can work with the selection

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Phil, that was just what I was looking for. It was driving me nuts that I couldn't figure out how to resize/transform the selection.

Thanks Again!
      Jon

Comment

You can also increase the odds of having a good selection the first time by first finding the center of the area you want to select, then holding down the Opt/Alt key while dragging. This will center the selection on the point you first click on.
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

You can use all the marquee modifiers to help with this...

While holding the left click down to draw:

Alt draws fromt he center
          Shift constrains the proportions
          Space allows you to drag the selection while making it *the really helpful one*

Michael

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• T Paul
            Selection Tool
            by T Paul
            You can use the selection tool to make copies of your selection quickly and easily. My standard practice for copying a selection is to select it then copy (Ctrl+C), paste (Ctrl+V). However, I just learned a neat little trick today.

1. Open an image
            2. Pick a selection tool...
            06-16-2005, 12:56 PM
          • Tony_Tea
            Using Transform Selection Tool
            by Tony_Tea
            I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. What is the transform selection tool supposed to do? When I try to use it I do the following (PSE6 with PSE6 tools).
            1) Load image
            2) Make a selection
            3) Click on the transform select icon in the Effects menu
            4) Rotate, resize or whatever...
            11-17-2008, 11:58 AM
          • mahjohn
            New Layer Via Copy
            by mahjohn
            i'm using Photoshop Restoration and Retouching Vol II and can't seem to get what appears to be a simple step right.

Task: remove Palm leaves from womans head.
            Steps:
            1. work on copy of background
            2. use Lasso tool to select Palm leaf 0 feather
            3. [Q] Gaussian...
            09-29-2003, 10:57 AM
          • trvlnmn
            transforming selection
            by trvlnmn
            I am running PSE 3 with HPPE 3. I am trying to follow a tutorial in Photoshop.
            Is there a tool in HPPE to transform or rotate a selection without transforming or rotating the image within the selection, just the selection?

trvlnmn
            09-09-2005, 12:59 AM
          • Ben
            Feathering
            by Ben
            Forgive me if this is the wrong forum but it looked the closest. I'm using Photoshop 6. I have found how to get the feather facility and the need to put in the number of pixels you want to affected. Now do I use the lasso facility to surround the area that needs feathering or have I totally missed the...
            10-24-2006, 11:17 AM
          Working...
          X