Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating multiple curves masks

Hi all,

I can't figure out how to make curves layers within a single action, what I want to do:

Create three channels with each one a copy of the background layer.
    Adjust each layer with curves to mask 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 tones.
    Create three new adjustment curves layers with those tone masks.

Any action recording i tried gives me different, but always incorrect results. Does somebody know how to achieve this?

PS: Using CS2

Just bumping this to see if any of our members might have a solution.

Comment

patrick,

i dont have photoshop, and therefore i dont have actions. i'm also not sure i'm completely understanding what you want, so i'll pose this more as a question than an answer.

create 3 channels? you mean layers here or am i just missing something?

on the 2nd step, add a curves adjustment layer and group it with one of your duped layers. set a mask on it (the curves layer) to 25% opacity. is this what you want? and if so, then do the same with the other layers only at 50% and 75%.

and on step three, why create new adjustment layers? why not just dupe the others without the copies of the background layers? you've already got your AL's with masks. just copy them?

i know i'm flying blind here being that i dont have PS, but maybe my questions and your answers will help clarify this for anyone else.

Craig

Comment

Patrick,

(sorry I didn't see this before - thanks T Paul for the bump - I've been pretty much off-line for the last month)

Seems similar to my layer set up for the pencil sketch.
        The set of actions is here .
        (as I remember) The first action makes the masks and the second puts them into the layers.

Hope this helps, if not we'll try again.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• gpeisach
          create and use of multiple layers in photoshop
          gpeisach
          by gpeisach
          HI there

I've been browsing the challenges section and noticed that many of you use "multiple layer technique".
          I'm a newcomer to the Photoshop world - could someone please explain what this technique is and how to use it? (or point me to a tutorial on this)/
          06-03-2004, 10:21 AM
        • Lasse
          linking layers?
          by Lasse
          Hey
          I have postet this question in alot of forums last forum was the adobe user to user forum, but still with no answer. So now i have come here in search for an answer, so please provide just the smallest hint if you doesnt know the full answer.

I want to make a really timesavig...
          12-10-2004, 04:02 AM
        • manfred
          Adjustment layers
          manfred
          by manfred
          Dear all,

Some basic Photoshop questions if I may?

(1)Can you apply more than one adjustment layer to a layer, and if yes, where do they stack – above each other or next to each other on the layers pallete?

(2) Can you apply an adjustment layer...
          02-17-2009, 06:17 PM
        • 636Productions
          Retouching with non-destructive layers.
          636Productions
          by 636Productions
          Hello all again,

I had a question about using non-destructive layers when doing beauty retouching. I recently viewed the .psd file by Godmother [amazing for you to share]. One thing i noticed is the amount of layers being used. Every time I retouch a picture, I find my self flattening...
          01-19-2010, 02:19 PM
        • InSlowMotion
          Actions with less steps
          InSlowMotion
          by InSlowMotion
          I downloaded a photoshop action and at some point the action adds a curves adjustment layer, with a name different from the default, with clipping mask active and with the points in the curves changed.

I know that by pressing the Alt key i get extra options but i cant change the points...
          05-27-2014, 11:38 PM
        Working...
        X