Scanning problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning problem

I've noticed that when I scan something that has been folded, when I scan it (my scanner/printer is a lexmark X73) the fold was shows up as lines of color. I attached a very zoomed in little peice of a scan so you can see what I mean. is this likely a scanner problem, or something I can fix easily (besides just cloning it out, which I've been doing so far)?? thanks,

- David
    Attached Files

hmmm...I'm stumped. It looks like the Red, Green and Blue sensors might be out of alignment...but I'm not a very technical person. If that's what it is, I'm not sure there is a fix for it...although it is rather odd that it only shows up when you scan folded items.

Comment

David - have you tried scanning any 3D objects? I'm wondering if it has something to do with a non-flat surface? It does seem like it's the scanner sensors and I'm not sure what you could do to fix it. I'm not familiar with your scanner, so I don't think I can be of much help.
      Jeanie

Comment

No help from me, but I was wondering if the surface of the paper might have a bearing on it (probably not)?

Ed

Comment

Have you tried folding a piece of plain paper, scanning it, and seeing if it's replicated? I'm wondering if it's not some sort of scanning correction algorythm at work.
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Try turning the paper so that the fold is vertical rather than horizontal. Just might work - it makes a difference in cracks in photos.

Margaret

Comment

thanks for all the fast replies and suggestions. I'll have to try those things out and see what happens.

- David

Comment

Working...
              X