Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing a square photo

Hi Everyone,

Many of the photos I have to retouch are square. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to solve my printing problems after the restoration is completed.

Online printing companies do not print square photos and resizing to a 5x7 will crop people and objects out of the photo.

I do not like the quality of my printer, so I am reluctant to print a quality photo at home.

Any suggestions or does anyone know of an online printing service that will print my square photos?

Thanks,
    Michelle

Re: Printing a square photo

How about adding neutral space (white) to your image to make it fit the 5x7 format? You can cut this away after it's printed if you want a physically square print.

Comment

I never in a million years would have thought of that It only makes perfect sense. I'll have to give it a try and see how it works out.

Thanks a bunch for your suggestion!!

Comment

Lonk, talk about look outside the square
        so obvious

Comment

Yes, this is how I do it. If you want to get straight cuts, you can use a paper cutter available at most office supplies. I use one called GBC AccuCut. It has a cutting wheel, and guides to align the paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave.Cox View Post
            Yes, this is how I do it. If you want to get straight cuts, you can use a paper cutter available at most office supplies. I use one called GBC AccuCut. It has a cutting wheel, and guides to align the paper.
            I use a cutter, as well. I can't draw a straight line never mind cut one.

Maureen

Comment

this is a printing question, not a restoration question, so i'm moving this to the appropriate forum where, hopefully, it will receive the proper attention.

Comment

Working...
              X