X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proxy
    replied
    Re: I need help on using generic ink jet cartridges. I have Epson R200

Hi Marnell. Cheap 3rd party inks are great for quick printouts but terrible if you want any kind of permanence. The Wilhelm institute produces studies of ink permanence and 3rd party inks often fade terribly within a year. http://www.wilhelm-research.com/epson/durabrite.html
    Searching on ebay you can often buy genuine Epson inks at a much lower price than in the shops.

Leave a comment:

• Swampy
    replied

Originally posted by Marnell View Post
    Bulk Ink sounds good, is it messy? Will it work with my epson R 200. Thanks for the advice.
    It ain't cheap. But if you do a lot of printing, it would probably be cheaper than cartridges.

Not too messy once you get the tubing set up. Don't know about your printer, but there should be info on the web.

Here's a page with some info. You can also google on bulk ink system.

Leave a comment:

• Marnell
    replied

Bulk Ink sounds good, is it messy? Will it work with my epson R 200. Thanks for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• Swampy
    replied

I do not recommend substitute ink cartridges. The viscosity of the OEM inks are specific (and patented by the printer companies) and are designed to work with their printers. Nozzel clogging is generally the major problem with generic inks.

That being said, you may consider Ink 4 Art as a source for generic. To reduce your costs and help prevent problems consider alternating generic and OEM cartridges.

If you are making a business of doing scrapbooks, you might consider converting to a bulk ink system.

Leave a comment:

• I need help on using generic ink jet cartridges. I have Epson R200

Hi
    I am so sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, I did a search but couldn't find out any info.
    I have an epson R200 printer and am doing scrapbooks. The cost of the ink is impossible to afford and I recently purchased G&G cartridges and they seem to print my photo's fine, but I certainly am no expert. I have read reviews about using generics, and the opinions are all over the place. Any suggestions on what the best ones out there?
    Thanks
Working...
X