Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PremierArt Canvas - Does it have to be stretched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PremierArt Canvas - Does it have to be stretched?

Hello,
    I'm looking at using PremierArt's Water Resistant Canvas (for Epson printer using an R2400) and I'm wondering anyone can help me? Does the canvas *have* to be stretched post-printing, or can it just be framed as a flat print behind glass? I would love to use this paper (love the texture and image quality) but I have no experience with stretching canvas and would rather frame flat behind glass rather than exposed in a shadow box type frame.
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kristin.

Re: PremierArt Canvas - Does it have to be stretch

"Stretching" over stretcher bars is simply a form of display. (It's more like "pulled tight, edges/corners folded over and stapled" on the wood frame vs. significantly stretched.) So, "No, ya don't have to stretch canvas."

FYI: For future reference...

When crafting/printing art intended for gallery wrap one needs to take into account an extra 1"-2" of canvas on each edge needed to accomodate the "stretching" (wrapping). For example for a 16" x 20" gallery wrap, the printed canvas would need to be 18" x 22" (assuming a 1" edge on each side).

Anyway, several pieces of art that I have created ended up mounted behind glass in traditional frames - some wooden, a couple metal in fact. They look great if I do say so myself.

So go for it. You're the artist. You get to decide!

Good luck on your project.

Comment

Re: PremierArt Canvas - Does it have to be stretch

Thanks a lot Danny! That's great news!
      I really like the "gallery wrap" look, but the the timeline/deadline I'm working under, not sure if it's going to be possible for the 1st printing.
      But, knowing that I can still use the paper without *having* to stretch is excellent news!
      Thanks again,
      Kristin.

Comment

Working...
      X