Outsourcing Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outsourcing Question...

Could anyone recommend an online, professional printer capable of printing out restored photographs?

I am an almost complete novice in this area. I am planning on starting my own restoration service in a few weeks and would like to look into an online based service for printing some of my
    larger formats. Right now, I am limited to 8 x 10.

Thank You,

Kenneth S. Coxie
    [email protected]

Hi Kenneth,

We had a thread that might be of interest to you. It's right here . You can also go to the slide out menu, and click on "links". From there, click on "printers and labs". That should be enough to get you started. If you have other questions, just post them. Someone will answer for sure. Good luck.

Ed

Comment

I have never used an online printer so I'm not much help...and I wish I could recomend a local lab...but I can't recall any in Asheville! (I used to live there) The closest lab capable of what you need is probably in Charlotte or Greenville, so if you are hesitant about the online thing you might try that. I know there is a really good lab in Charlotte but the name escapes me at the moment. I'm sure they can probably accept files via ftp or mail them a CD...plus if you needed to see someone face to face for an order, it's within a days drive. Just an option to think about...

Comment

Talk about information overload, I got more information
        than I could have wanted. There is dotphoto.com, ofoto.com,
        shutterfly.com, and printroom.com.

I think I will try ophoto seeing that they do pictures over 8 x 10.

Will try and let you know the results.

Thanks,

Kenneth S. Coxie
        [email protected]

Comment

Don't forget about Walmart and Sam's club. They been getting excellent reviews, and their prices are great. I've tried Walmart, and agree. The only thing I don't care for, and many of these place do it, is that they stamp their name on the back of the photographs.
          Vikki

Comment

I agree with Vikki. Wal-Mart is the most convenient place for me to take my stuff to be printed. Fortunately, my local Wal-Mart does a GREAT job. And, the one I use doesn't imprint the backs of the prints to say Wal-Mart. In fact, the lab manager has gone out of his way to try to print my specific company info on the back of my prints...

Comment

I print all my files that are smaller that 11x14 in house on a pictography 4000. I send my larger prints online to Que Imaging in Houston, Texas. There they have a Light Jet 5000 that I get great results on.

http://www.queimaging.com

Write me if you want more details.

Comment

I've used and really prefer www.photoaccess.com Great prices and excellent quality

Comment

Originally posted by G. Couch
                  I know there is a really good lab in Charlotte but the name escapes me at the moment.
                  Will you post the name of that lab if you think of it? I'd be interested in checking them out.

When I was trying to find a way to print out my first restored photo (WWII Navy picture of my grampa), I had an awful time finding a place around Charlotte that could do it. I had a cd with the image in .tif, .jpg, and .psd form, but I couldn't find a photo plaec that could print them. Even Wolf/Ritz Camera, who advertised that they could do digital prints, said they couldn't.

I ended up using Ofoto.com, and I was quite pleased with the results. I'd like to find a local place to go to, but if I don't, I've been pretty satisified with online printers.

As far as Walmart goes... considering the sketchiness that is my local Walmart, I don't know if I'm brave enough to try them just yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X