Shooting Through Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Through Glass

I've got an image that's water damaged and almost completely stuck to the original glass. I'm not willing to attempt to remove the image from the glass. Thus far, my attempts to shoot it high res and do the restoration from that file have been pretty lousy. Any tips for getting a smooth shot and eliminating glare in this circumstance? Thanks!

Re: Shooting Through Glass

how big is the image? is it possible to scan it with the glass attached?
    because that's what I usually do, just put it on my scanner and voila i get a digital high res version of the image.

Comment

Thanks. For some reason I was thinking that wouldn't work, but I gave it a try and it did. It seems like there's a good bit of glare from the glass, but I think it looks better than shooting it did.

Comment

For an explanation of how to do this with a camera:

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...ent-photo.html

read post #12

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• hicpics
          Photo Burnt to glass
          by hicpics
          Hey,

I've got some photo's that were burned in a fire, and apparently one of them melted to the glass. The glass shattered leaving fragments attached to it. I've looked around the forums but I can only find one's that got stuck due to humidity. I've tried soaking it in water for a day...
          01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
        • rygold
          Making a glass out of liquid
          by rygold
          Yes I realise the post is confusing but I would like to make it appear as if a vodka glass has been created out of water droplets (or vodka.) I have seen a few commercials with that look and was wondering if anyone new how to go about it. I'm presuming many passes of the liquify tool? But what else....
          03-02-2009, 08:11 AM
        • Bug
          Stuck photo to glass
          by Bug
          Could someone please tell me a do-it-yourself method to unstick the picture from the glass? The top 1/2 to 2/3rds of the picture is fine but starts sticking on the bottom portion. It is an old color school days picture from somewhere in the late 70's or early 80's. Thanks for any help I can get....
          05-27-2011, 11:18 AM
        • olesonb
          photo stuck to glass
          by olesonb
          Hi All,

Just got a picture that’s suffered water damage. That’s not the problem, the problem is that it’s stuck to the glass it was framed under. I’d just try laying the whole thing on my scanner, but the glass is non-glare which means that the picture isn’t as sharp as it should...
          08-09-2004, 04:46 PM
        • kjmdigital
          stuck to glass...what a pain in the.......
          by kjmdigital
          Is there any way to remove a photo stuck to the glass cover ?
          if so how, and if not, how should I scan the image ?
          07-22-2007, 10:33 AM
        Working...
        X