Matching Print House Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Management: Matching Print House Colors

I'm doing a project that will eventually be sent out to a print house...what do I need to do as far as color management and profiling to match their printers?

Do I just need to contact them and see if they have any printer profiles, which I will use that as my proof colors for viewing photoshop. Then, in the print dialog box set it to "Proof" and apply that profile in the "Proof Setup" box while keeping the "Pinter Profile" box as my current paper/printer setup?

Re: Matching Print House Colors

Yes.

Be aware however that they might not be able to supply you with a profile. If so you could use some standard CMYK-profile as a proxy... Talk to the print house.

Comment

Re: Matching Print House Colors

cool thanks thanks for the reply!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• One4UAll
        Epson 1280 Prints *Much* Darker Than Monitor
        by One4UAll
        My monitor is calibrated & profiled w/ Eye-One Photo. My 1280 is profiled for the paper & ink it uses. The paper is Epson Premium Glossy & the ink is MIS. My system is a G5 Mac running PS CS on OS 10.3.9.

I get the attached image as I like it on the monitor, but the print...
        01-17-2008, 09:38 PM
      • 1STLITE
        Printing better color
        by 1STLITE
        Ok. I dunno if this has been covered before here, but I was wondering - how can I make my printer print the way it looks on my screen? Or make my screen look like it will coming from the printer? I have been so aggravated here lately. Its not usually that mig of a difference, but I am trying to...
        05-15-2004, 12:04 PM
      • itsallgoode9
        Dealing with the Print of Out of Gamut Color??s
        by itsallgoode9
        How do you best approach this?

I've recently run into an issue where this has become a major headache. I'md doing some prints for clients to approve of some Smirnoff bottle labels that I've rendered in 3d. Because of the subject nature, color accuracy is SUPER important when teh client...
        10-23-2009, 08:52 PM
      • wetyet
        printer prints really small words
        by wetyet
        it prints really small is there sopmewhere to set the type i have a 2410 hp psc ? please help!
        12-12-2007, 02:30 PM
      • nebgranny
        Help ..Emergency...
        by nebgranny
        I have an HP 8750 photo printer . It is just a little over a year old. I am having problems with it. I did not buy the extended warranty . I need to print a large print of a collage I just made. I was about to print it when I noticed it was geyscale or all black and white. The color is...
        11-30-2006, 08:45 AM
      Working...
      X