Weird Color issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Color issue

OK so I will explain my workflow first. I open my images in photoshop (ACR first) and open them as 16 bit prophoto rgb. my working space is prophoto and when I am finished I convert to srgb and 8 bit. The image looks fine in photoshop. I save it and open it with quicklook/preview/iphoto/mail and it looks more saturated then in photoshop. I then take that same file I just opened in preview or quicklook and open it back up in photoshop to see if i messed something up. But when I open it in photoshop it looks fine (not more saturated)

both images are the same file both in srgb 8bit the one on the left is open in iphoto and the one on the right is open in photoshop and what I wanted the image to look like (more or less)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4043/...ac64c20b_o.jpg

It seems like this is a color management issue but its strange to me that the same file is displaying differently in photoshop than any other image program.

Re: Weird Color issue

FIGURED IT OUT! for anyone who is having a similar issue. go to edit> color settings. under advanced make sure "desaturate by X % is not checked" for some reason this was selected on mine and was desaturing my images by 11%

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• skoobey
      Preserve color when converting to sRGB and CMYK??
      skoobey
      by skoobey
      Okay, so I edit in Adobe RGB 8bit, as it saves me lots of time when saving and opening a file and I don't see any benefits from 16bit so far, so don't shoot me I might be wrong on that.

NOW, I've noticed that colors go all over the place when I convert the image from Adobe RGB 8bit to...
      04-28-2012, 02:00 PM
    • toni84
      luminance problem
      toni84
      by toni84
      Hi!
      I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the luminance for photoshop?
      The problem is that when I look at the image when opened in photoshop, It's a lot brighter than when I look at the image in windows. This causes problems for me when I try to adjust brightness levels for shadow...
      12-16-2010, 04:56 AM
    • Phee
      Photoshop 8 settings question.
      Phee
      by Phee
      Hi all,

I have two things i cant figure out in Photoshop 8, firstly whenever i open a picture i get a message saying ................ ' embedded profile mismatch ' embedded color profile does not match the current RGB working space, etc. This never happens with version 7, I've...
      01-10-2006, 12:10 AM
    • uniguide
      Any idea how to solve this Photoshop color issue?!?
      uniguide
      by uniguide
      Hello worldwide fellow Photoshoppers,

Here's my issue - I open this photo in the explorer picture viewer (own a PC) and it looks great, HOWEVER when I open the same image in Photoshop (set on sRGB 8bits) the colors are off and there's a green line over her face...

It's...
      08-07-2007, 09:44 AM
    • santoro80
      Photoshop Color Settings
      santoro80
      by santoro80
      Some books/videos about Color Management and Photoshop are telling that you should set sRGB in default color settings of your Photoshop working space (because then Photoshop can automatically assign sRGB profile to untagged images which is perefered). However, somebody is saying that in default PS color...
      02-09-2011, 03:48 PM
    Working...
    X