Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• y4m raw files

hi there....

Is there anyone who can help me out finding some raw data files in y4m format

Re: y4m raw files

What device/program produces such files?

As far as a quick google search revealed y4m is a video format/container.

Edit: a further google search revealed this page:
    http://www.quavlive.com/video_codec_comparison
    on it theres a link to a 1,5 GB raw y4m video file. Apparently just 20 seconds so I'm guessing y4m is lossless video... eeep...
    http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/y4m..._joy_1080p.y4m
    Last edited by Chain; 07-31-2010, 04:24 AM. Reason: found one

Comment

There were more of them on that site;
      Here's one with about half the filesize (10 second clip): http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/y4m/1080p/riverbed.y4m

Comment

Hi there...

I have these files with me.. I needed some more input files to test. As I m working on a video encoding project. X264 encoder.

Comment

But still thanks for the effort.

Comment

No problem... but if you need y4m ("input") files to test, then that's what I linked I think...

Comment

Yes... U have sent me y4m file link.. But the one which you have sent is the same I have used earlier but my TL mentions that I need to have more input files.. which I was not successful in finding.. The other link which u have posted ie http://www.quavlive.com/video_codec_comparison few of them require resolution required which is 4:2:0....

Comment

Hmm... besides googling for more, maybe you could create some dummy files? E.g. convert a still image or some non-raw video to y4m?

Comment

but the program accepts only 4:2:0 resolution and I m unable to convert the files.. I have tired using some on line software to convert them.

Comment

I have another task which came up.. I was able to run the program only in linux but now they want it be imported on windows platform. As there are few .o files which arent supported by windows and be accessed only in linux or MAC.. any suggestions??

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                      Hmm... besides googling for more, maybe you could create some dummy files? E.g. convert a still image or some non-raw video to y4m?

Hi I am interested in using x264 encoder to compress videos at different bit rates. The video I want to convert are mostly in FLV and mp4 formats. Can you please suggest how to convert these videos to y4m formatm so that x264 can compress them for me?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by jeogilani View Post
                        Hi I am interested in using x264 encoder to compress videos at different bit rates. The video I want to convert are mostly in FLV and mp4 formats. Can you please suggest how to convert these videos to y4m formatm so that x264 can compress them for me?

Thanks in advance...
                        The other part of my task is to transmit these compressed videos through the internet to some host and then decode them. Can you please also mention some good decoder to convert the .264 compressed videos back to .y4m?

Thanks,

Comment