Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEC PA241W-BK-SV: Recommended Calibration / Setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andrewrodney
    replied
    Re: NEC PA241W-BK-SV: Recommended Calibration / Se

Originally posted by Class View Post
    1. I am looking for suggestions as to the best setting to use in the onscreen menu prior to calibrating it (i.e., brightness, and other settings)?
    Lock it, then start here:
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...too_dark.shtml

Leave a comment:

• NEC PA241W-BK-SV: Recommended Calibration / Setup?

I purchased this monitor and have it attached to a Mac. I haven't calibrated it yet - the only change I've made is switch it to the default srgb mode via the display's onscreen menu. I must admit the default uncalibrated srgb mode is very good compared to a 19" crt sitting right next to it.

The reason I purchased this monitor was for its highly rated srgb mode as I will using it for design work for Zazzle.com, which requests that work be uploaded using srgb. My previous work was done on crt monitors that were "calibrated" by eye, LOL.

1. I am looking for suggestions as to the best setting to use in the onscreen menu prior to calibrating it (i.e., brightness, and other settings)?

2. I have a hood coming for it, so I will likely recalibrate it after I attach the hood, but I was wondering how often should I recalibrate it - i.e., once a month?

3. If you look under a Mac's "System Preferences: Displays: Color: Display Profile" you are allowed to change each display's color profile. Should I be setting this to "srgb" as opposed to the other choices of Adobe RGB, Generic RGB, or the monitor's own native profile?

4. When working in Photoshop or Illustrator should I be setting my color profile to srgb?

My work is created from a variety of sources, or combination of sources - 1200 dpi scans , digital pictures from a Canon T2i, or graphics created entirely in Illustrator.