Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a new monitor

Hey people,

I'm wanting to buy a new monitor, something about 32" LCD (I don't like LEDs ones because they're too bright and also reflects too much the environment, but if you know one which doesn't, let me know). I already have an LCD Apple Cinema Display of 21" or so, but the space on screen is too small at this time. Don't want to buy the one of Apple (32") because it has vignetting on the corners.

Any suggestion from you about which monitor should I buy? One of equal or better quality than the Cinema Display?

Budget is USD $950 (that's the maximum amount allowed by customs here).

Thanks in advance!

Ø3

Re: Choosing a new monitor

NEC PA30” SpectraView II. But not for $950! Either raise the budget or lower the screen size.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Amanda_Lauren
      Eizo Monitor Vs. LaCie Monitor
      by Amanda_Lauren
      Looking to buy a monitor for home use. Pretty much decided that I was going to purchase the LaCie 526.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...creen_LCD.html

Then the man at BnH told me that the Eizo Color Edge series is really great...
      02-21-2010, 10:25 PM
    • Caravaggio
      Guidance on purchasing a monitor
      by Caravaggio
      Hi, It has been a few years since anyone has posted any recommendations on monitors for retouching. I was wondering what people's current recommendations are?

I'm currently using an iMac, 5k, retina 27", late 2015, calibrated with colormunki, as my main monitor. I know Apple monitors...
      10-21-2017, 05:10 PM
    • KevinBE
      New monitor choice
      by KevinBE
      I have recently made the mistake of buying one of the new Viewsonic A90f monitors. The reason I call it a mistake is that I should have looked at the specs real close. It does advertise as an exceptionally bright monitor, which should have been a warning. It is too bright and I cannot get a good...
      10-30-2002, 09:45 PM
    • aivanov
      Dual monitor calibration
      by aivanov
      Hello,
      For a few days I struggle to calibrate my dual monitor setup (Dell XPS15 laptop and Dell S2240M monitor). I used Eye-One to calibrate them and I'm pretty happy with laptop monitor profile, but the external one looks too cold and greenish. However I LOVE how Photoshop changes the colors...
      02-19-2013, 09:14 AM
    • Caravaggio
      Second Monitor
      by Caravaggio
      I have a 30 inch Apple Cinema display. It is currently at an authorized Apple service provider receiving diagnostic tests for the next 5 to 10 days as it is having issues like cloudy vertical streaks that make images seem dirty when they are not. This is my only monitor. I was thinking of getting a...
      08-11-2010, 05:11 PM
    Working...
    X