Black and white photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and white photo

Hello all, i am curious to know which option would be better to print a digitally restored black and white photograph on Matte Gloss or Metallic Gloss. Would there be any noticeable difference to either one on such and old photograph?

Re: Black and white photo

I have not really seen much in the way of metallic papers either from a lab or own printing so cannot really say which would be better, but would guess that metallic has a very different look and feel to conventional darkroom prints.

So if you (or your customer) are interested in maintaining the look and feel of an original which is old then I would think that you need to repeat how the original was printed i.e. either on Matt paper or Gloss (not aware of any Matte Gloss papers) conventional inkjet photo paper stock. Then you need to establish if original was on warm tone (chlorobromide paper e.g. Kodak Bromesko) or the colder toned Bromide papers.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• beth313
      Need to know ASAP
      by beth313
      Hi all,

I hope I am in the correct section to ask this...but my sister wants me to create a graduation announcement for her son within one week! Anyway, the style she found had a black background with a black and white photo in the middle and sepia (correct word?) colored images around...
      05-01-2008, 11:50 PM
    • Doug Nelson
      [Definition] RC Paper
      by Doug Nelson
      RC stands for "resin coated". I have no idea what resin they use, but it's basically photo printing paper with a fiber paper layer sandwiched between two sheets of plastic, with the printing emulsion on top of one of the plastic sheets.

Introduced in the mid-70s, its far and...
      01-31-2002, 05:18 PM
    • Tigron
      photographic glossy effet
      by Tigron
      HOw can I get a photography glossy/shinny effect on a picture ?....

is there an action for it or a tutorial on the subject !~...
      11-22-2005, 09:30 AM
    • DougMPhoto
      Copy and Restore of pen/paper Caricatures
      by DougMPhoto
      I have to restore 3 caricatures done back about 30 years. They are ink on paper and have faded yellow. Trying to find easiest way to make it like the originals, ink on white paper, being able to read names, quotes, etc.

Anyone have an idea how to do this without spending weeks on e...
      08-14-2017, 12:48 PM
    • 1STLITE
      Need a paper recommendation...
      by 1STLITE
      I need a paper recommendation for printing a calendar. A friend and I want to make a calendar of our images from the local area, for sale. I have an Epson Stylus Photo R200, and need to know what kind of paper would be best for this job. We really want to print it ourselves if at all possible. The...
      06-08-2005, 11:11 PM
    Working...
    X