Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retouching vs. eye care and vision

Hi there!
    It is my first post here so please be kind! I searched this forum and I am not sure if it's the right place to put this thread so I try here.

I wanted to ask you about your eyes after years and many hours of retouching. Have you noticed any deterioration in vision? What is your eye care? Do you take regular short brakes or use special glasses?

My eyesight worsened lately and I am not sure if it is from doing more and more retouching. It doesn't have much sense because I spend similar amount of time in front of a computer as always. Can eyes get tired from retouching more than from browsing internet? OK it is a bit different but even in D&B eyes move around the photo. So I am thinking if it is from retouching or should I look for other reasons. What is your experience with that?

Re: Retouching vs. eye care and vision

Computer use can cause temporary eye fatigue, but no long-term damage. My eyes have gotten worse just from the years. From speaking with my eye doctor the approximate age of 50 seems to be a sort of rough tipping point for eyes.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I thought it was 40. Hey, all downhill after then for me.

Comment

If anything your vision gets better and quicker at discerning critical detail. Not sure how useful that is in real life, but I find myself looking at details of everything all the time now. haha

Just training your eyes and mind to see differently

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• milzy
          Brown EYE retouching with impact??
          by milzy
          There seems to be a lack of articles on retouching brown eyes.

Chances are when u see nicely retouched eyes they are in other colors.

Are there any resources on retouching brown eyes???
          10-21-2007, 06:58 AM
        • Justin Goode
          VISION--Right Eye vs. Left Eye
          by Justin Goode
          Before I start, I know that I'm BRAND NEW. Regardless, this is a topic that is EXTREMELY serious for all of us around here. I'm only 23 (24 in one month...July 30th) and I have always had 20-20 vision since I was a baby, according to the eye doctor. But even though I go to the eye doctor once a...
          06-07-2006, 12:58 AM
        • Red_Sky
          Eye Retouching
          by Red_Sky
          Hi guys,
          Basically I already know how to enhance the eyes on a model. However, I've seen some better pictures and so far cannot reproduce the effect. Check out the following link:

http://www.mikabethedwardsphotography.com/index2.php

Under the "Big Kids"...
          06-17-2008, 10:59 PM
        • alreese83
          eye for a eye
          by alreese83
          I am retouching a wedding photograph where the bride's left eye is closed. It closed because she had stroke, so I cannot grab an eye from a similar image. To have an open left eye all I would have to do is --- copy, paste, and warp / distort the duplicate eye to place it in the right socket, and bam...
          08-01-2015, 07:35 PM
        • Lamouzinga
          Retouching eyes - any tuts you might recommend?
          by Lamouzinga
          Hi There,

I'm hoping to discover a better way to edit the eyes in photos. Currently I just create a new layer, select the strongest colour from the eye, paint over the eye in new layer, set layer mode to screen, copy layer and then set it to colour dodge - for a subtle effect.
          05-20-2009, 02:37 AM
        Working...
        X