Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saving black and white images

Hi!
    I have this doubt when I save black and white images.

Original raw files are rgb. I retouch them in rgb mode because I use channels for masking and so. But when saving the final black and white image: should I keep rgb or I should save in grayscale mode?
    Is there any advantage to save them in rgb?

This images will be for printing.

Hope you can clarify this to me.

Thanks in advance!

Re: saving black and white images

There are at least 10 ways to convert an image from RGB to B&W and each of them will give you a different result / look. It would be wise to keep the RGB image because at some future date you might want to take a different conversion approach. Once the RGB image is gone, so goes a lot of info that would allow you to do that.
    Cheers, Murray

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• kl4
      black and white
      by kl4
      hi all
      what do you think is the best way to change a colour image from cmyk (or rgb) to a black and white image that isn't greyscale. that is, that is cmyk in order to print

k
      07-05-2006, 12:27 AM
    • web_designer
      convert to black and white
      by web_designer
      I have a very average image that I am wanting to convert to black and white, however I want a bit more stength to the image that just a grey image can any of you gurus out there offer me some advice.

Thanks in advance
      07-04-2006, 07:15 AM
    • DJSoulglo
      Creating an image with all the info in one channel
      by DJSoulglo
      I have a question,

I have some black and white images and for a publication we need to deliver these as CMYK images, but with all the info in the K channel.

I'm creating an alpha channel of the RGB version, then making a new CMYK doc, filling the selection with 100% black....
      08-03-2010, 07:46 AM
    • duwayne
      Help converting black/white image to color
      by duwayne
      I've learned a lot at RP including about 7 ways to convert color images to black and white. The challenge I have now is to find ONE way to convert a 256-grayscale image into a 256-color image. Could be RGB or Indexed (or anything else for that matter). I use Photoshop CS on a Windows platform. Any...
      10-05-2006, 04:35 AM
    • snapperanton
      Black/White Point
      by snapperanton
      Not sure if this is best forum for this thread ?

I am a photographer and have been asked to submit digital files (from RAW files) to a picture agency, they specify a max white point / black point of 99% / 1%.

Is there an easy way of changing the settings in PS, so it...
      03-20-2007, 12:23 AM
    Working...
    X