How to replace metadata in Photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to replace metadata in Photoshop

I want to add copyright to my photos, but also delete all other data (like ISO, f-stop, shutter, camera model). I created a template in Adobe Bridge, but when I apply it (with replace option) it will only add the new data and the original data remains. Is it possible to solve this? Or the only choice how to automaticaly delete everything is to rewrite it?

Re: How to replace metadata in Photoshop

If you have a checkmark next to the item in the original template, it should replace with a blank for that one item (ie: checkmark everything)
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

That doesnt work for me. I tried it in Photoshop too. It seems I cant touch the EXIF data. The only way that works for me is through "save for web" (where I can check "metadata: copyright only").
      Last edited by hellboy80; 03-01-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I did it a while ago using lightroom and exporting with checking "minimize data" tick box. And if you have PS, you've got LR these days.

I am pretty sure it can be done via bridge.

Comment

I just did a test in Bridge with overwriting with blank checked fields. It worked, but it's not instantaneous. If you check too soon a "metadata is still cached, if you continue it will be overwritten" notice pops up. It has a "don't show again" which you may have checked in the past. I waited another minute and the changes were recorded exactly like I wanted.

Go to Prefs>General and reset warning dialogs.
          Learn by teaching

Comment

Did you try Save for Web/Legacy? Lots of options in that like None, All, Copyright etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson View Post
              I just did a test in Bridge with overwriting with blank checked fields. It worked, but it's not instantaneous. If you check too soon a "metadata is still cached, if you continue it will be overwritten" notice pops up. It has a "don't show again" which you may have checked in the past. I waited another minute and the changes were recorded exactly like I wanted.

Go to Prefs>General and reset warning dialogs.
              The problem is - when I click on create template, there is no option how to change the EXIF data, except date and time.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by hellboy80; 03-02-2016, 05:33 AM.

Comment

For that you'll need a 3rd-party utility, or simply save a copy without the EXIF data.
                Learn by teaching

Comment

You will probably need to use something like Exiftool. This is command line driven so if you are not comfortable with that (and the risks working at low level) then you may want to look for the GUI edition
                  http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Comment