Print sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print sizes

What print sizes above 8x10 inches are your most popular for your clients (or more practical for that matter)?

I want to invest in some paper, but I don't want to invest a FORTUNE into paper just yet.

Regards,

EricP
    www.perfectpictureimaging.ca

11 X 14 seems to be popular for my clients if they want a large photo.

I can print up to 13 X 19 but the largest standard frame size I can print is 11 X 14 so that seems to be what customers want. If it goes larger than that I have to outsource it and that usually jacks up the price more than they want to pay for a 16 X 20.
    DJ

Comment

Thanks DJ!

I figure that 11x14 would be the most popular because of the framing issue.

Comment

Yes it seems to be becasue people don't want to shell out large bucks for custom framing for irregular sizes. I know I wouldn't.

Oh and don't forget to count the unprintable area (margins) when calculating the size paper to get. If you get 11 X 14 paper you will have a smaller finished print than you want. A3 is a good size to get for 11 X 14. It's dimensions are 11.7 X 16.5 or 297 mm X 420 mm. Just a little note to keep in mind. Check your printer for the exact margin measurments on prints.
        DJ

Comment

Thanks DJ,

Have you ever had a request (or need) for the 13x19 paper? It seems to be the only size up from letter size for most Epson media.

Regards,

EricP

Comment

You're welcome Eric. No I haven't had any request for that size. The pack of paper I have in that size is water color paper for the Epson printer I have and it came with my printer. I haven't had a need to order that size in photo papers. I guess they sent it so I could see what the watercolor paper was like and also utilize the largest setting of my printer paper size. I use it more for personal projects than customer prints.
            DJ

Comment

DJ,

Have you tried any photo art prints using the watercolor paper? I have seen a print sample that came with the 2200 and it looked wonderful.

Comment

I printed a characature drawing on it and I loved the look of the paper. It looked better than the original drawing. It has a nice matte texture that gives photo art a real nice look.
                DJ

Comment

Working...
                X