ocr scanner help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ocr scanner help

HI Well i am trying to learn how to operate my scanner now. So how do i scan those prints that are in the newspaper so that when i scan it the image whether black or white will still be a good image to edit in photoshop.
    What could be a good ocr to use for my scanner i mean textbridge can't work with my scanner what am i doing wrong?

garfield - I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do...are you trying to scan the text of a newspaper so that you can edit it, or scan an image from the newspaper and remove the halftone screen? If you are trying to scan images, there is a good thread here that might help you out with the steps you need to take to descreen an image. Hope that helps...

Comment

both scan the text of a newspaper and an image from a newspaper. in scanning the text in the newspaper do i use ocr or normal scan it

Comment

While everyone else is asleep, I'll see if I can help a bit, Garfield.

The OCR function is to copy text off a scanned form to put in your word processing program so that you can reprint the text in another way, or can use search tools (Find and Replace, etc.) on the words in the text. I do this when I want to copy the INFORMATION in a newspaper story for my own personal use.

When I am copying a newspaper story with a photo that I want to keep as a memento or to save a digital copy of that news article as it looked when printed -- with or without a photo, I do not use OCR. I use Photoshop's import function and copy it into Photoshop.

Hope this helps until some of the other folks wake up.

Comment

Possibly the newer software is better but the last time I tried OCR I had so many errors I wound up re-typing the whole thing myself.

I use the same method CJ does..

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• imann08
            Oversized scans
            by imann08
            I may have to scan an image that is in the 25x21 area. I only have the standard 8.5x11. The one option that I know of is to scan it in pieces and then put it back together on PS. One thing I have read about that though is that you should scan each piece of the image in the same direction and with the...
            04-19-2006, 09:57 PM
          • garfield
            Buying for a scanner help
            by garfield
            Ok, i would like to buy a scanner now. Probably a scanner that will work with photoshop since its better. i have the software i dont need to nstall another software. I see corel mostly use to scan image with different resolutions. I dont know if PS can do this in scanning since i have no idea in scanners...
            05-21-2003, 11:15 PM
          • mjamery
            Enhancing scan of an historical photo to read sign text
            by mjamery
            we have an old photograph of a building ... there is a sign and the words are almost ... but not quite legible. Is there a way or a resource where we could get the image enhanced sufficiently to read it? The original files were created by high res scan and are in TIFF format. Thank you in advance for...
            02-18-2007, 04:14 PM
          • garfield
            help on retouch
            by garfield
            hi! i need your help with this. this is my first retouching job of my classmate and i don't know honestly how can i make this beautiful because if i use curves then the black background will be noticeable which is bad. so i dont know how will i improve this. kindly teach me how could i possibly make...
            11-22-2002, 04:00 AM
          • Peg
            Import source
            by Peg
            Is there any way to make my scanner the only "Import Source"? The only thing I ever import from is my scanner. I get tired of having to run through the menu each time I want to import from it, especially when I am trying to scan several things.

Thanks for any help.
            03-06-2004, 08:08 AM
          Working...
          X