• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fazools
    Will Scanning at 48bit with no adjustments work?
    by Fazools
    I use silverfast AI studio, and love it. However I have about 10 more photo albums to scan in 2 weeks, and they are from the 1940s and 50s.

Usually I lower the saturation for the black and whites to 0, then adjust the colors to get better tones. This takes a long time though. I also...
    04-18-2006, 08:43 PM
  • Ed_L
    Reconsidering 16 bit
    by Ed_L
    I've been playing around again with 16 bit images, and I scanned one as such, then made a couple of levels adjustments. The image was duplicated, and the duplicate was changed to 8 bit mode for comparison. The exact same adjustment was made to each of them, and the resulting histogram showed voids in...
    01-05-2003, 05:16 PM
  • Lucile Davis
    48bit Scanner Resolution and PS Questions
    by Lucile Davis
    I read the following (http://www.scantips.com/ -- head swimming ), and searched the forums but could not find the answers to specific questions about scanning resolution and PhotoShop.

My 16bit scanner scans at the hardware resolution of 600ppi max. Lusting after a 48bit scanner...
    08-10-2006, 05:12 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Adjust pre or post scan?
    by Doug Nelson
    In the Jan/Feb issue of Photo Techniques there's an article by Ctein titled "The Right Way to Scan". In paragraph three he states "All scanners collect extra value levels internally, and they are available to fill in any gaps in the histogram when you expand or compress parts of the tonal...
    12-11-2007, 09:05 PM
  • Ed_L
    Personal Experience
    by Ed_L
    I have a 4 x 5 neg from around 1924 that I scanned in both 8 bit, and 16 bit per channel. The scan needed a lot of tonal adjustment, due to the condition of the neg. I expected to see a pretty good difference in the histograms for the two files after making 15 - 20 tonal adjustments (some pretty steep)....
    08-10-2001, 02:59 PM
Working...
X