print size/orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• print size/orientation

I have a large group photo (about 40 people) where the group is oriented along the 10" width and the height of photo is 8".
    I took my CD to WalMart for a print on their Fuji Frontier and the result was a chopped photo because it printed the group oriented along the 8" dimension. In other words the photo neede to be rotated on the paper. The technician says he cannot do this . So I could try reversing my height and width which makes no sense to me.
    When I print this photo on my home epson printer ( the paper goes in vertical) it prints the correct orientation.
    Have I left out something I need to tell Wal Mart??
    I've had 4x6 photos printed there some in one direction and some in the other without any problem./

Wow Cinderella, I can't believe that this person did this to you. Your thinking is right, he must not know what he is doing. I would bring it back and complain to someone higher than this guy. You shouldn't have had to pay for that print.

Comment

I agree with Kevin. The technician should be able to rotate the image to fit correctly on the paper - and you should not have to pay for that print.

That said, if you have to work with this guy in the future, try rotating your image 90 degrees so that it is in the orientation needed to print correctly. Don't crop or resize the image, just rotate it.

Jeanie

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• maverick911
        Problem centralising print in Photoshop
        by maverick911
        I am printing on A4 with an image size of 18cm x 25cm to an Epson 950 Photo printer, but I cannot get the image consistently in the centre of the paper despite checking the centre image box. Image is often ofset to one side on the long side, but not always?
        Any suggestions please?
        05-16-2007, 04:20 AM
      • Gerald McClaren
        How to adjust printer or Photoshop to print 8.5X11
        by Gerald McClaren
        I have an Epson R800 and is using Photoshop CS2. I'm trying to increase a 5X7 photo to an 8.5X11. The problem that I'm having is that the top and bottom part of the photo keeps getting cut off. When I tried to print, I receive a warning that the image is too large for the paper and if I proceed,...
        05-08-2006, 03:55 PM
      • Jimmy
        Small Photo. Large Printout
        by Jimmy
        I have some 4"x 6" photos that I want to print as a 8.5"x 11".

I have tried resizing the photo in Photoshop, however, even though it resized it to 8.5 x 11 it still will only print it as a 4 x 6 photo.

Is there any way that I can resize the photo so...
        09-17-2003, 02:26 PM
      • Eric Polsinelli
        Print sizes
        by Eric Polsinelli
        What print sizes above 8x10 inches are your most popular for your clients (or more practical for that matter)?

I want to invest in some paper, but I don't want to invest a FORTUNE into paper just yet.

Regards,

EricP
        www.perfectpictureimaging.ca
        02-03-2003, 03:54 PM
      • Joe Kelly
        1940s studio photo glued to mat
        by Joe Kelly
        I have a lovely BW photo of my mother's family, taken by a studio. the print appears to be glued to the mat board/paper on which it is mounted. I've already scanned it, but want to get the original off the paper and into an archive sleeve.
        What's my best move?
        Thanks!
        02-16-2008, 11:28 AM
      Working...
      X